Software Infrastructure Developer
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world's most advanced projectors and complete systems displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Join us as we support our Engineering department in developing state-of-the-art display solutions!
Within Christie, our team delivers infrastructure services, tools and processes supporting a variety of development and manufacturing groups. We are looking for someone to share in operating and improving what we offer.
As part of our team, you will have many opportunities including:
- Development of high-availability storage and computing clusters
- Automating server configuration using Ansible
- Delivering containerized build and development environments using Nomad
- Storing and distributing packages using Artifactory
- Managing source code and continuous integration using Gitlab
- Monitoring infrastructure health using tools from Grafana, InfluxData and Hashicorp
- Collaborating with our IT department to support our internal and external customers
This is an opportunity to develop your design, implementation and testing skills outside of traditional product development.
Our work is focused on solving open-ended problems, from research and prototyping through to production deployment and operation.
We use typical software development processes for source control, documentation and issue tracking - but we also operate the systems that make this possible!
- Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Software development experience including CI/CD and source code management
- Programming experience in languages like Python, C/C++, shell scripting
- Strong experience with Linux: day-to-day use, system administration, troubleshooting
- Experience with software product development lifecycles
- Understanding of operating systems, containers and virtualization
- Knowledge of computer hardware, networking and storage
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Familiarity with software architecture and quality concepts (security, reliability..)
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Filesystems and high-availability storage
- Identity management systems
- Compilers and build systems
- Cloud-native architecture
- Bare metal infrastructure automation
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Christie Digital, 809 Wellington St. N., Kitchener, Ontario, Canada