Operations Support Manager
Reports To: Director Manufacturing
Travel Required: up to 20%
Why Join Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
The Operations Support Manager is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and hands on problem solving while driving process improvements, developing operating strategy, and achieving both short term and long-term project objectives. Additionally, the Operations Support Manager is responsible for developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives across the manufacturing facilities to drive improved operational performance. This role requires interaction with a range of internal and external customers, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Integrate our people, service, product, and brand objectives in the development of supply chain strategies to support the company’s growth and performance objectives.
- Responsible for detailed data analytics utilizing process information and financial reports to assess manufacturing activities and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develops organizational excellence tools and platforms to drive transformation across the facility.
- Lead manufacturing projects by facilitating project flow and coordination with cross functional teams.
- Working with department manager colleagues and suppliers, successfully design, implement, and manage plant improvement projects.These activities will include defining scope; sourcing vendors; developing budgets and timelines; and managing vendors for successful project execution (early equipment management (EM).
- Lead Continuous Improvement efforts toward autonomous maintenance (AM), preventive maintenance (PM), and Focused Improvement (FI).
- Oversee plant compliance with local and federal regulations (SWPPP, SPC, emissions).
- Identify key waste initiatives, including seeking our and eliminating waste in all plant functions.
- Identify opportunities for action through financial and performance analysis.
- Identifies barriers to success and develops action plans for sustained growth and production continuity.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing in product and/or packaging development.
- Contributes to the tactical and strategic direction of the manufacturing facility, including budget, staff utilization, and capital planning.
- Contributes to key technical decisions and technology/product planning. Maintains knowledge in current and/or new engineering methods and developments affecting the organization.
- Develops and communicates project scopes, timelines, and budgets.
- Executes and provides day-to-day management of project work plans; makes appropriate revisions to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Designs and develops new manufacturing processes and systems.
- Plans and directs the installation, testing, and subsequently transitions plant equipment to processing, packaging, and maintenance departments.
- Directs and coordinates outside vendors, consultants and contractors, as related to facilities and equipment.
- Provides leadership and communication in management issues affecting day-to-day operations and the strategic direction of the manufacturing facility.
- Tracks key performance indicators and implements appropriate corrective action to deliver plant results.
- Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing company policies, and making decisions about the purchase of material and services.
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field of Project Management, Manufacturing, or Engineering required from four year college or university;
- Five or more years’ related experience in consumer products goods manufacturing management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in continuous improvement project development and implementation.
- Prior management experience of projects, such as plant expansions and new installation of equipment is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Project, and Microsoft Visio).
- Knowledge of CFR 110, current good manufacturing practices and GFSI Scheme standards for food safety.
- Familiarity with industrial and mechanical terminology.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- General understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
What We’re Looking For
- Brings a process-oriented approach to continuously improve our team and plant performance.
- Excellent organization skills, communication skills both written and verbal, attention to detail. Able to quickly analyze and resolve problems, and to act decisively and quickly under pressure. Ability to interact professional and diplomatically with all levels of internal and external contacts
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Plant Environment-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment from production machinery is usually very loud.
Community Coffee Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, and educational assistance.
Community Coffee Company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, genetic information, uniformed service, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or otherwise reference your race, religion, age, sex, genetic, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will also provide reasonable accommodations to allow an employee to perform the essential functions of a position, as required by applicable law. This application is considered current for sixty (60) days only. At the end of this period, if you are still interested in employment, it will be necessary for you to reapply by completing a new application.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Port Allen, LA 70767, USA