Department: Finance & Accounting
Reports To: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Travel Required: Limited travel required
Why Join Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
Assists with coordination of budget and strategic planning processes by working with Sr. Financial Analysts to gather, analyze, and summarize data across all business units. Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Analyzes data to determine present and future performance in relation to internal targets, competitor results and industry trends. Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities.
- Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control. Proposes accounting adjustments to business unit results as required and as the result of review of financial statements. While this position proposes adjustments, the accounting department reviews, authorizes and posts entries into the financial system.
- Works with Sr. Financial Analysts to complete the Five Year Strategic Plan including building and reviewing forecast models and assisting with the development of presentations for Management. Applies strategic growth goals to historical trends and layers on new business risks and opportunities to complete five year projections. Assists in preparation of strategic plan document.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget by compiling data from various sources throughout the company to be used by management in measuring the success of the company; provide Management with division business results in comparison to historical trends, current year estimate and strategic growth goals; disseminating plan information; providing regular reporting on actual business results versus plan.
- Assists with preparation of “downhill” business results projection for the Company and/or division. Applies new information gleaned from business review meetings to current trends in order to target year-end performance for the division. Provides reporting to Management including comparisons to current year plan and historical performance.
- Assists business unit management in evaluating business opportunities and risks inherent in those opportunities including but not limited to acquisitions, new product development, trade and advertising spending, expansion into new markets, supply chain opportunities—depending on the need of the business unit.
- Assists with developing and maintaining the integrity of total company and/or division management reporting and operations which includes, but is not limited to, comparing performance with budgets, forecasts and previous year.
- Acts as liaison between supported Business Unit and Finance/Accounting including keeping Accounting updated as to projects, changes that may impact Accounting or financial support of a division, educating business managers on financials and budgeting and how to consider paybacks on investments (people, resources, advertising and/or assets).
- This position is expected to handle many simultaneous projects.
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
(Note—Financial Analyst I’s are generally responsible for a single strategic business unit or units which are closely related. In some instances, the analyst may be required to perform tasks associated with the total company. The duties and responsibilities below are general in nature and can typically be applied to each business unit. However, these individuals are also responsible for understanding highly specialized areas of the business such as green coffee manufacturing, trade spending, marketing effectiveness measurements, etc. Those responsibilities are further defined in annual performance goals for the individual.)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced degree may be preferred for certain positions
- Certifications such as CPA or CMA are preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
What We’re Looking For
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Office Environment: Most of the duties of this position will be perform inside an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Community Coffee Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, paid time off, employee assistance program, and educational assistance.
Community Coffee Company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, genetic information, uniformed service, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or otherwise reference your race, religion, age, sex, genetic, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal or state law. Community Coffee Company will also provide reasonable accommodations to allow an employee to perform the essential functions of a position, as required by applicable law. This application is considered current for sixty (60) days only. At the end of this period, if you are still interested in employment, it will be necessary for you to reapply by completing a new application.
- Job Family Finance/Acctng
- Job Function Finance/Acctng
- Pay Type Salary
- Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA