Transportation Compliance Specialist (Remote Local Opportunity)
1345 Corporate Dr, Hudson, OH 44236, USA ● Akron, OH, USA Req #946
Friday, June 17, 2022
Job Title: Transportation Compliance Specialist (Remote Local Opportunity)
Department: Transportation Compliance (DTC)
Reports to: Director of Vehicle Services
FLMA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Provide operational and client support in all areas of the Vehicle Services department.
• High school diploma and two (2) years of related office experience or an associate’s degree
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in the transportation industry (fuel tax, licensing, permitting and registrations, DOT safety, driver qualification file compliance, and hours of service log auditing)
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Evaluates, Identifies and corrects common errors and omissions in Fuel Tax, Licensing, Permitting, Registration, and Authorities, Hours of Service Log Auditing, Fuel Tax Refunds, Driver Qualification Files, and other Transportation Compliance duties as assigned, promptly contacts the client if more information is required to correct identified errors, omissions, exceptions and outliers pertaining to same.
• Aid and assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, or annual Fuel and Mileage Tax Filings and payment of returns.
• Data Entry – Key Driver’s Trip records, fuel receipts, fuel tax returns online for monthly / quarterly fuel and mileage tax filings.
• Processes License Permit, Registration and Authority applications and orders.
• Conducts Hours of Service log audit for assigned clients and additional ancillary checks or when needed.
• Assists in the processing and preparation of Fuel Tax Refunds.
• Aid and assist with customer reception.
• Assist with and conduct Driver Qualification file evaluations for compliance.
• Return shipping of historical records to customer.
• Aid and assist with invoicing for customer services rendered.
• Other Transportation Compliance duties as assigned.
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Achievement Focus – sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, , recognizes and acts on opportunities, measures self against standards of excellence, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
• Business Ethics – upholds organizational values, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and works ethically, treats people with respect, and keeps commitments
• Continuous Learning – assesses own strengths and weaknesses, seeks feedback to improve performance, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, and shares expertise with others
• Customer Service – displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service
• Job Knowledge – is competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits the ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays an understanding of how the job relates to others, and uses resources effectively
• Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts the success of the team above one’s own
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Working Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Working Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider. These include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and more. DISA has been servicing customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and employs more than 800 team members across 30 locations.
Our entire team is committed to high quality and customer service excellence. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, DISA has developed some of the most advanced platforms in our industry. These platforms support more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA offers a collaborative and team-oriented culture with monthly appreciation events, as well as competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. Our internal learning and development team also provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training, paving the way for numerous opportunities for career advancement.
- Job Family Specialist
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- 1345 Corporate Dr, Hudson, OH 44236, USA
- Akron, OH, USA