Collection Specialist (Drug and Alcohol Collections)
200 Hickory Ave, Harahan, LA 70123, USA ● Harahan, LA 70123, USA Req #951
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Collection Specialist (Drug and Alcohol Testing)
Job Overview: Performs drug and alcohol tests on donors as well as hair testing.
A Day in the Life:
• You will perform drug screen collections following DOT specimen collections guidelines, which includes direct observation when needed.
• You will perform breath alcohol testing using intoximeters such as the LifeLoc Phoenix 6.0 and AlcoScreen2 Strips, following DOT alcohol testing guidelines.
• You will perform hair collections following Psychemedics guidelines.
• You will inform the Service Center Manager of all unusual circumstances surrounding all tests performed.
• You will carry a mobile phone for scheduled time periods and performs after-hours emergency drug and alcohol testing when needed.
• You will perform other related duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Must be age 18 or over.
• Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Has Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is DOT Certified Urine Specimen Collector or must obtain certification within two (2) weeks from date of hire.
• Is DOT EBT (Evidential Breath Testing) Certified or must obtain certification within two (2) weeks from date of hire.
• Has hair Collection Training Certificate and Oral Fluid Training Certificate or must obtain within thirty (30) days from date of hire.
• Physically able to carry a minimum of 50lbs for extended periods of time.
• Physically able to walk for extended periods of time, climb, cross, jump over objects varying in height.
• Majority of the work conducted out our office is done on Motor Vessels/Tugs and Barges on the local waterways, which is where much of our work is conducted.
• Available for fluctuating hours, start times can vary between 0300-0800 typically depending on the job schedule.
Physical Overview of Role:
•.Will be required to carry 50 lbs. to testing location (Back Pack and Pelican Case -Mobile Printer and Tablet)
• Need to be comfortable with water and heights as majority of clients are in O&G Maritime
• Will be climbing ladders, moving between boats, skiff in the water
PPE is provided (hard hat and life vest).
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider. These include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and more. DISA has been servicing customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and employs more than 800 team members across 30 locations.
Our entire team is committed to high quality and customer service excellence. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, DISA has developed some of the most advanced platforms in our industry. These platforms support more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA offers a collaborative and team-oriented culture with monthly appreciation events, as well as competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. Our internal learning and development team also provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training, paving the way for numerous opportunities for career advancement.
- Job Family Specialist
- Job Function Medical / Collections
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- 200 Hickory Ave, Harahan, LA 70123, USA
- Harahan, LA 70123, USA