Who we are
Flow is a modern, socially responsible water brand inspired by real people finding their flow in life. Flow's naturally alkaline spring water is of the world's highest quality because of the unique geological conditions at its source. Flow is equally committed to environmental consciousness and the elimination of plastic waste; we are highly dedicated to sustainability and a B-Corp certified company.
Who you are
We are looking for a skilled Industrial maintenance technician to oversee the installation and maintenance of our Tetra Pak equipment. As an industrial maintenance technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our machinery and mechanical equipment. This will include installing new equipment, performing regular services, maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns.
To ensure success as an industrial maintenance technician, you should have advanced mechanical knowledge of industrial machinery, excellent troubleshooting skills, and good time-management skills. Ultimately be a top-class industrial maintenance technician able to boost production by ensuring all production equipment functions correctly and receives regular maintenance.
What you’ll do day-today
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Installing new production equipment.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment.
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines.
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns.
- Adjusting mechanical parts using hand and machine tools.
- Conducting routine PM’s and safety checks.
- Communicating with the production team and maintaining a clean work area.
- Preparing and submitting maintenance reports.
- Perform preventive maintenance actions and activities as assigned, including driving
- creating documentation for maintenance tasks specific to equipment (work instructions)
- Respond to maintenance calls throughout the factory and repair equipment accordingly
- Perform troubleshooting independently on equipment and determine failure reasons and anomalies through structured problem-solving methodology
- Contribute with the PM methodology within the Plant area
- Assists other maintenance personnel in rebuilding and/or redesigning production equipment
- Works on continuous improvement activities and teams
- Associates degree or community college. Bachelor’s degree would be considered with relevant practical experience or equivalent skills and 5-10 years’ experience in Installations, maintenance and/or repair work
- Must have experience with PLC controlled servo driven machinery and be able to, or learn to home servo systems and associated mechanical settings to fine tolerances
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance.
- Knowledge of parametric and industrial control systems, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance is required.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer and report writing skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment
- Relevant work experience in manufacturing equipment installation, controls/automation, maintenance and/or service work
- Strong experience in the food packaging or processing industry
- Strong understanding of automation systems such as Allen Bradley frequency drives, Profibus, Siemens PLC programming software, Rockwell RSLogix 5, 500, 5000 PLC programming software, Intouch(WonderWare), Device Net, ABB, Danfoss frequency drives or similar
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders with a customer focused mindset
- A commitment to a strong quality culture
- A commitment to a strong health and safety culture
- Great communication skills.
- Great time-management skills.
- Passion to be a team player and ability to work across boundaries.
- Fast learner.
- Structured thinking and quick problem solving.
- Expert at root cause analysis
- Focus on the results.
- Customer focus oriented.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.00
- Max Hiring Rate $38.00