Bolt Maker Apprentice - 3rd shift
SIGN ON BONUS STARTING AT $1,000
BENEFITS AVAILABLE ON DAY 1
Do you want to:
- Enjoy a better quality of life working in a small town like Spencer, TN.
- Use your passion for details - big and small
- Strengthen and fasten the world together by helping a team that designs leading edge products for tomorrow's next generation transportation systems
- Enjoy using your skills to help find solutions to challenging opportunities
- Work in a family oriented atmosphere
- Have room for growth and opportunity
Does this sound like you? If yes then let's get into the fine print.....
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE JOB
This apprentice position requires the operation and/or basic set-up of manufacturing equipment with moderate direction or supervision. The incumbent will possess and demonstrate the ability to gain the skills necessary to maintain production requirements and quality standards. Continuous Improvement of processes and products are an ongoing function of this position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all safety rules.
- Maintain clean, orderly work area
- Operate equipment and perform basic machine set-ups as required.
- Perform first piece inspection, monitor the quality of all parts, and make adjustments to maintain quality standards.
- Perform the duties required to record data for SPC, ISO/QS documentation.
- Move material by operating forklift or using non-motorized devices
- Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts.
- Assist other operators as needed.
- Suggest process improvement ideas.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Ability to use all gages and gaging techniques required.
2. Thorough understanding of SPC.
3. Basic computer knowledge.
4. Knowledge in ISO/QS requirements.
5. Ability to gain skills necessary to operate equipment and perform minor machine set-ups.
6. Ability to complete Job Skills Training Matrix for Header Operator upon completion of training.
7. Ability to consistently meet production and quality standards
8. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of all required operator documentation.
9. Good teamwork skills.
10. Ability to identify routine problem causation and correct routine problems.
11. Use math skills for blue print reading, gaging and SPC.
12. Demonstrate the understanding of the manufacturing process and machine requirements to perform basic and repetitive work assignments.
14. Provide written communication as needed.
15. Must comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and practices.
16. HS Diploma, GED or relevant experience.
17. Fluent in English (both strong verbal and written communication skills).
Preferred Skills & Abilities
1. Previous manufacturing experience.
2. Previous machine set-up/operating experience.
3. Ability to read gages, micrometers and blue prints.
4. Forklift operation/material-handling experience.
5. Computer literate.
- Job Family Machine Oper - Semi Skilled
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Spencer, 502 INDUSTRY DR, SPENCER, Tennessee, United States of America