Lead Maintenance - 2nd Shift
ACUMENT FOR THE WINNING CAREER!
- SIGN ON BONUS STARTING AT $2,000
- HEALTHCARE BENEFITS AVAILABLE ON DAY 1
- ATTENDANCE, REFERRAL AND QUARTERLY PLANT PERFORMANCE BONUSES
- CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- NIGHT SHIFT BONUS
Are you looking to join one of the world’s most innovative manufacturers of value-added screws, bolts, nuts and cold formed components? Our customers count on us to help their designers and engineers create best in class products, and we commit the industry’s best people and products to do what’s right for our customers – whatever it takes. You can help us succeed in doing this by becoming a team member at Acument Global Technologies’ Belvidere location.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE MAINTENANCE LEAD
Leads daily shift huddles and prioritizes action items with the help of the team, evaluates and assigns incoming work orders, leads departmental projects and 5S activities, and acts as the primary point of contact for maintenance related vendors and contractors. Installs, maintains, and repairs manufacturing equipment as needed. Works to minimize manufacturing machine downtime using corrective and preventive maintenance methods while identifying / eliminating waste in fixed and variable expenses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns incoming work orders daily and project responsibilities as necessary.
- Acts as principle point of contact for all vendors, contractors and outside service providers.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs company equipment.
- Ability to safely troubleshoot and perform basic electrical repairs.
- Fabricates rebuilds, designs and installs machine parts.
- Trains employees for skills required in learning the manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Implement ways to reduce costs, increase productivity, and eliminate waste.
- Identify and track supplies required to complete assignments
- Identifies critical repair parts required to support manufacturing and related equipment.
- Performs responsibilities for the Environmental Management System.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Safe operation of shop equipment including but not limited to welding equipment, brake, shears, mills, drill press, lathes, metal saws, hones, surface grinders etc.
- Minimum of 4 years previous machine repair / rebuild experience.
- Computer skills used to perform work associated programs.
- Working knowledge of blueprints and schematics.
- Knowledge and application of heat-treated materials for hardness and durability.
- Operates / maintains hand tools, measuring, and diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Applied manufacturing math skills and the ability to read gages.
- Ability to work independently and exhibits leadership through demonstrated performance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the repair process and machine requirements to perform work assignments efficiently.
- Required HS Diploma/GED OR Relevant experience
2nd shift Monday – Friday 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Job Family Machining Maint - Specialist
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Belvidere, 826 E MADISON ST, BELVIDERE, Illinois, United States of America