Waste Water Treatment Operator
Quality First. Engineered to Last. As the world’s most innovative manufacturer of value-added screws, bolts, nuts and cold formed components, Acument Global Technologies (Acument) is known for some of the longest-standing and most trusted brand names in our industry.
- SIGN ON BONUS STARTING AT $1,700
- HEALTHCARE BENEFITS AVAILABLE ON DAY 1
- ATTENDANCE, REFERRAL AND QUARTERLY PLANT PERFORMANCE BONUSES
- CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
Responsible for treating and disposing of waste water and maintaining and monitoring chemistry of the plating lines. Accountable for safety, maintaining compliance with EPA guidelines and standards. Must monitor all chemistries inside the plant, and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
What are some of the things that you will do...
- Must operate mobile equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in the work area.
- Maintain and clean the filter presses.
- Test effluent water samples.
- Collect and evaluate data and submit in required report format.
- Collect and submit required samples for lab testing and evaluate results.
- Communicate and work with outside vendors.
- Treat water chemically to remove heavy metals.
- Perform titration and chemical treatments of the plating baths.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Monitor waste water treatment operations to comply with local, state, and federal laws.
- Perform required plating line testing to ensure end product is within customer specifications.
- Check and adjust chemical concentrations on each tank.
- Load and unload chemical containers when delivered.
- Operate AA unit, and other chemical testing equipment
- Ensure safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Participation in Fast Response Team
- Work in a team environment.
- Train and mentor teammates.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work area.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Let’s talk about you...
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read and interpret data in a report.
- Must be able to compile detailed reports.
- Knowledge and proper use of a variety of hand tools.
- Must be able to use a variety of plating lab equipment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office products and other in-house computer programs.
- Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to multitask.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the titrations of each plating line (zinc, chromate, Zinc Nickel). Also, identify and understand the chemicals used in the waste water and plating areas.
- Familiar with CQI-11, IATF, ISO 14001 requirements
What you'll receive in return:
Acument offers exciting and challenging opportunities. We strive to hire and develop the right people; stimulating personal and professional development. As part of our Acument Team you'll enjoy competitive compensation and benefits. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth, recognition and you will gain exposure to internal and external customers.
- Job Family Inspector - Skilled
- Job Function QUA - Quality
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fenton, 2480 OWEN RD, FENTON, Michigan, United States of America