Forging Press SU Opr - MNF - Heading
Sets up and operates various types of multi-operational forging press manufacturing equipment such as Bliss, etc. with little to no direction or supervision. The incumbent will possess and demonstrate the skills necessary to maintain production requirements and quality standards. Continuous Improvement of processes and products are an ongoing function of this position.
1. Follow all safety rules.
2. Maintain clean, orderly work area.
3. Operate equipment and perform machine set-ups as required running various types of materials such as titanium, alloy, stainless teal and inconel.
4. Prepare machines for production by positioning and securing dies.
5. Regulate machine by setting and adjusting controls. Set heat on machine heaters.
6. Perform first piece inspection, monitor the quality of all parts, and make adjustments to maintain quality standards.
7. Maintain specifications by observing operations and checking for malfunction while inspecting the parts.
8. Observe operations of production run and make adjustments to ensure pieces meet all specifications.
9. Perform the duties required to record data for ISO/QS documentation. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
10. Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts.
11. Assist other operators as needed.
12. Suggest process improvement ideas.
13. All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Job Family Machine Oper - Semi Skilled
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Burbank, 425 S VARNEY ST, BURBANK, California, United States of America