Counter Sales Manager
Counter Sales Manager will manage onsite and employees, provide sales and support to walk-in customers at our will-call sales counters, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. They maintain, stock and clean the counter sales area merchandise and displays, and support Inside Sales and Outside Sales activities.
· Assist customers who purchase and/or pick up merchandise at the Profit Center.
· Process and fill Sales Orders generated at the sales counter.
· Ensure the customer signs and dates each Sales Ticket.
· Provide customers with reliable information regarding product specifications, pricing and availability.
· Keep counter area and merchandise displays clean, neat, current, stocked and safely displayed.
· Ensure security and control is upheld at this primary point of customer contact.
· Communicate to the Profit Center Manager and Credit Manager any changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk.
· Process cash sale returns and refund paperwork in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
· Inform supervisor of inventory levels or stock depletions that could impact customer service levels.
· Assist co-workers in servicing customers, including answering incoming calls, stocking merchandise in the warehouse and pulling orders for delivery.
· Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Outstanding customer service and verbal communications skills.
· Comprehensive knowledge of product; able to suggest appropriate related products for purchase.
· Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers.
· Identify customer needs, provide profitable solutions and close the sale.
· Know of, be able to apply and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (continued)
· Able to learn to operate warehouse material-handling equipment.
· Able to learn to operate and demonstrate hand tools.
· Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Able to learn and operate (keyboard and mouse) the applicable software system (Eclipse, Mincron) used to process orders.
· Read, write, speak, and understand English.
Education, Training, Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1-2 years experience in customer service or counter sales; contractor sales preferred
· Knowledge of products sold in the Profit Center
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting (in chair) 5%
Lifting Frequently up to 80 pounds
Carrying Frequently up to 80 pounds
Pushing/Pulling Frequently up to 200 pounds
Controls Use of both hands and arms and use of both feet and legs
Strength level Moderate
The following movements and senses are required in this job:
Hand and finger dexterity, climbing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, near vision, far vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The incumbent is exposed to the following conditions in the job:
Warehouses with no climate control, potentially hazardous equipment (such as forklift trucks, mechanical lift gates, hand tools, manual material handling equipment, ladders, and rubber retention straps). The Profit Center may stock, sell and use hazardous materials – PVC pipe cement, pool chemicals, torch gas, propane gas, solvents, etc. You may be required to handle these materials.
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Simi Valley, CA, USA