IT Help Desk Analyst
ONSITE ONLY, NOT A REMOTE/HYBRID POSITION
Summary / Primary Role:
The IT Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing first-tier support to end users for PC, server, and hardware. In addition to monitoring all requests, the position requires problem resolution skills and interpersonal skills to guide users, both local and remote, through situations, thus providing the highest level of client support and satisfaction. The position will interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. This position will simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties as well as recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems. The position requires a highly motivated service-oriented individual with excellent communication and technical skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Provide end user local and remote support for desktop, printing, and basic networking issues.
- Maintain user accounts on e-mail, domain servers and telephony, including password changes and account resets.
- Minor networking cabling.
- Tier 1 troubleshooting skills on network related problems (Wi-Fi, printers, scanners, fax machines).
- Cisco Phone system maintenance to include setting up users, group definitions, and handset configuration, including voice mailbox creation, password resets, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with the following technologies is required:
- Windows operating system installation, configuration, and support; desktop application software installation, configuration and support (emphasis on Microsoft Office365, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Sophos anti-virus, Outlook e-mail software and other productivity software as applicable).Educate users on Windows Office Suite software.
- Responsible for maintaining Help Desk ticketing systems (SolarWinds).
- Ability to work independently in carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to work with and train users on functions of their workstation, provide new user orientation, and conduct individual/group end-user training.
- Responsible for support of other Odyssey offices and remote users, as necessary. This will include some after- hours support. Assist with occasional miscellaneous tasks that sometimes come up in a standard office environment, such as assisting with office moves, assisting office manager as needed for office improvement projects, etc.
- Implementing and maintaining images used for laptop and desktop deployment
- Administering end user access to internal applications assigned.
- Create and maintain email system accounts with hosted email provider.
- Create and manage documentation of operating procedures for group knowledge.
- Support departmental initiatives in regard to IT Operations activities.
- Support Corporate Responsible Care Program
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Requires a 2 year Associates Degree in MIS or Equivalent Help Desk Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in basic computer hardware skills is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems(Windows 7 and Widows 10)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Familiarity with Active Directory environment a plus
- Basic knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and understanding of LAN operations is necessary
- Basic TCP/IP networking is also required
- Network+ or A+ certification a plus.
- VMWare View working knowledge a plus.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a positive, diplomatic and friendly manner to internal users, co-workers, and the general staff, as this position requires considerable interaction with the end users and corporate executives.
- Ability to communicate with vendors to clearly articulate business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills; must excel in an environment with frequent interruptions and priorities change with short notice.
- Must be a team player.
- Attentive to detail.
- Motivated with a desire to learn.
- Must have own transportation.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Hourly
- Charlotte, NC, USA