Customs Brokerage Manager
Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
We are seeking a Customs Brokerage Manager for our Kent, WA Office location!
Summary / Primary Role:
The position of Customs Brokerage Manager will have the primary responsibility for management, organization and development of a strong Customs Brokerage department. Coordinate and oversee
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Customs Brokerage department.
Responsibilities include evaluating employees, following established performance and wage increase guidelines.
- The importance of providing leadership and organization to the group is essential. Structure is needed in order to coordinate training and even distribution of the workload.
- Organization of the department.
- Provide support to staff in order for them to be able to complete their responsibilities successfully. Ensure that the Customs Brokerage Department is living up to our responsibility as part of the “big” picture of the logistics process as a whole.
- Ensure completion of accurate billing practices. Monitor the “paid not billed” report to ensure that files are being billed in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with staff and internal departments to ensure that the information flow is happening in timely and accurate manner.
- Provide organization to the department. Show leadership abilities and initiative to make adjustment to systems to make the team more effective and efficient as a whole.
- Outline responsibilities of staff.
- Train, follow-up, and support in proper training of department staff.
- Communicate with VP of Operations, Branch Manager, and all staff. Ensure that they understand their responsibilities, address questions, or need for additional training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, and guidance to team members.
- Ability to delegate tasks to individual team members.
- Ability to solve conflicts among coworkers.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years Customs Brokerage import experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervisory/management role in logistics – specifically within a Customs Brokerage department- is required.
- CHB License is not required but is preferred.
Employee must lift up to 30 lbs., sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach above head for files, grasp, handle, and perform finger operations. Must operate normal office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine, and copy machine.
Normal office environment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 0
- Kent, WA, USA