Assistant Account Manager
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Summary: Responsible for providing accounting support to Accounting Manager and other managers. Ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable and accounts receivable duties, and assists Accounting Manager and accounting personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added to or change at any time with or without notice.
· Accurately processes corporate accounts payable invoices for timely payment.
· Verifies invoices against internal records and requests verification if the amounts do not match.
· Receives calls and manages inquiries from vendors relative to payment processing.
· Act as backup up for processing check runs
· Prepare various monthly accruals.
· Manage and verify purchasing limits for all levels of management.
· Assist in month end reporting procedures and Bank Reconciliations
· Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
· Follow established procedures for processing receipts; Record deposits.
· Crosstrain in various Accounting positions to act as backup if needed.
· Support Accounting Manager and accounting personnel
· Miscellaneous projects as assigned by management
· ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Organizational skills
· Team Player
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Punctual and Reliable
· In-depth knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel (i.e. filters, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.).
· Microsoft Office literate with ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute.
· Abecas/Insight – Grand Warehouse Management System
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates Degree in Accounting; with three to five years related experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures. Proficient in data entry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with simple mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplications, and divisions. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of operational instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Grand Worldwide Logistics Corporation Warehouse Management Systems and, where required customer and carrier information systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA