Solutions & Business Development Analyst
Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation is hiring a Solutions and Business Development Analyst. This role is responsible for assisting in the development of long-term logistics and transportation related engagements with global multi-national corporations within the chemical and process manufacturing industries. Activities include analyzing critical data, determining Odyssey’s value proposition for a client defining and developing logistics and transportation solutions on a global basis, write/develop sales proposals, working with business partners to facilitate services outside of Odyssey core competencies, identifying opportunities to leverage other Odyssey business units and/or divisions, and aligning solution and customer objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Support the divisional sales group by architecting and positioning business solutions around Odyssey’s services and solutions.
- Prepare responses to Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Requests for Proposal (RFP’s)
- Perform analyses using client shipment data to identify savings and prepare value propositions.
- Coordinate requests for Information, Pricing, and Proposals among various Odyssey business units.
- Prepare and present solutions to Odyssey and client representatives.
- Develop methods and strategies for assessing large amounts of customer data.
- Create templates that allows for the expedited creation of value propositions.
- Develop an understanding of customer pain points and challenges and identifying the solutions from Odyssey which address those pain points, develop economic and operational value proposition, and position them to customers or prospects.
- Deliver comprehensive business cases including Odyssey roadmap based on customer's specific business requirements.
- Participate in any technical discussions or presentations.
- Deliver technical presentations - give an in-depth overview of solution and capabilities to all levels of management.
- Develop documentation to support the requirements of different solutions.
- Assist in the creation of strategies designed to optimize revenue and profitability from each opportunity.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts at each account
- Coordination of a multi-national team of experts to enable a global solution response.
- Liaise with Product Management, Client Services, Procurement, Operations, and Engineering to insure successful delivery of solutions to Strategic Customers and continued customer satisfaction thereafter.
- Maintain CRM to ensure accurate and complete customer and prospect data
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- 5+ years of experience providing pre and post-sales technical support within logistics and supply chain industry, including knowledge of operations and supply chain management.
- Candidate must have strong information technology knowledge and affinity including B2B Solutions, EAI, internet technology, systems design, systems integration, project management, and desktop applications.
- Fluency in logistics processes and terminology and industrial sector business acumen including supply and demand chains, demand planning, logistics, and transportation management is desired.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter while identifying priorities through strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Job Family Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Danbury, CT, USA