The Mechanic is an essential worker, that keeping LBT’s fleet running safely throughout the supply chain delivering goods that keep America moving forward. The mechanic is responsible for inspection, service, and repairs of ATS tractors and trailers.
Linden Bulk Transportation (LBT) is looking for an experienced Mechanic. LBT established in 1982, provides safe, reliable bulk truck and intermodal transportation across North America. Headquartered in Linden, New Jersey. LBT has over 350 power units, 675 trailers, and 150 ISO container chassis with lift kits. In addition to its headquarters in Linden, NJ, LBT has facilities in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, and Louisiana. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey, LBT facilitates the growth of its clients through its large diversified fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs and maintenance on company tractor(s) and trailer(s) using Company, DOT, and OSHA guidelines to ensure the tractors are operating safely.
- Partner with drivers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and develop and communicate the repair timeline.
- Evaluate, and perform hydraulic , pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repairs to get the drivers back on the road as soon as possible.
- Observe and monitor trucks, equipment, and tools to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Maintain all equipment service and repair records. Complete maintenance reports, work orders, and any other required paperwork (daily).
- Act as subject matter expert and resource to other technicians, drivers, and managers.
- This is a 3rd shift position
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent or Vocation or Technical Training in diesel / heavy-duty vehicle
- 2 plus years of experience as a qualified Class A and/or Class B mechanic working with heavy equipment in similar environment
- Must have a complete set of hand tools for a heavy duty truck technician (Preferred)
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals and wiring diagrams
- Basic computer skills
- Must have knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations is (Required)
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Valid Driver’s License required with reliable transportation to work
What We Offer:
- Top pay
- Overtime after 40 Hours
- Uniforms provided
- Benefits: Paid Vacations, Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, AFLAC, Telemedicine, 401k plan with Employer match, Company paid Life insurance, Paid time off and other exclusive benefits
- Friendly work environment
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- St Gabriel, LA, USA