CDL - A Driver
American Fast Freight, Inc., a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation, is seeking an experienced Driver Class A for the domestic freight forwarding businesses of Alaska. This local Driver position offers a great work/life balance, giving the driver the ability to be home every night!
A Sign On Bonus is offered and paid in 3 installments during the first six months of employment!
The Driver will assist in loading, pick-ups and deliveries of freight to our various customer locations while working with Dispatch to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
Days and start times may vary Weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates vehicles in compliance with local and state traffic codes/laws and company procedures
- Read and understand traffic signs and controls in accordance with FHWA regulations
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on all vehicles assigned to operate and ensures any necessary repairs are completed according to state and federal regulations prior to arriving and/or leaving the terminal
- Track and maintain hours of service logs
- Ensures load is properly stowed and secured to prevent shifting or damage while in transit to the delivery location
- Examines shipping documents to verify all shipments loaded and is properly segregated and/or separated
- Uses proper equipment for safe loading and/or unloading
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year driving of assigned trucks in a local environment
- Valid Alaska Class A with Hazardous Materials endorsement or B Commercial Driver’s
- Valid Medical Card
- Must possess a good driving record
- Must be reliable and flexible with schedule
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Must be able to satisfy physical demands:
- Lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, and reach with hands and arms Occasionally extend working hours to meet customer and American Fast Freight delivery requirements
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold)
- Coordinating a multitude of variables with employees to complete schedule demands
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
- Low to moderate noise levels
- Time sensitive project requirements
- Coordination of customer order consolidation out of multiple containers
- By time of hire, be registered with the US DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of references, background check, drug screening, and required US DOT required drug and alcohol check for past three (3) years
- Job Family Operations - Company Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Telecommute % 0
- Fairbanks, AK, USA