Account Representative / Shipping and Receiving Clerk
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
- Monitor product flow.
- Work directly with customers and carriers on daily order requirements.
- Maintain all data in Abecas and Customer Information Systems [ SAP, JDE, Other ]
- Transmit all forms and information to customers as required.
- Accurately record product locations.
- Record location changes.
- Maintain document and reporting integrity.
- Interface with Customers and act as liaison to Grand.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Monitor quality of our services.
- Review daily inbound and outbound requirements.
- Process inbound and outbound orders in systems.
- Maintain and monitor Customer Order Screens and White Board.
- Track orders [ with Warehouse Supervisor ] in and out of warehouse.
- Track needs for daily orders with customer.
- Make BOLs for shipments.
- Monitor any issues with inventory locations and correct immediately.
- Transmit BOLs and COAs to customers as required.
- Adhere to enforce policies and procedures.
- Monitor product flow with Warehouse Supervisor.
- Resolve problems.
- Monitor quality of our services.
- Develop excellent, professional communication skills.*
- Admins are encouraged to learn and master Spanish and English.*
- Customer Information Systems as required*
- Abecas/Insight – Grand Warehouse Management System*
- Bar Coding Scanning where required*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with simple mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplications, and divisions. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of operational instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Grand Worldwide Logistics Corporation Warehouse Management Systems and, where required customer and carrier information systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bensenville, IL, USA