Director, Sales and NA Solutions
Summary / Primary Role:
Odyssey is looking for a Director of Sales and NA Solutions to join our Managed Logistics Service (MLS) division. The ideal candidate is a highly energetic, entrepreneurial sales hunter, with a proven track record of growing top line revenue. The Director of Sales and NA Solutions will utilize Odyssey Logistics and Technology’s portfolio of service offerings and capabilities to solve complex supply chain and logistics challenges for potential and existing clients. The individual in this role must have prior success as an individual contributor, consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets/quotas, as well as developing and executing sales plans. The Director of Sales and NA Solutions must be motivated, decisive, goal-oriented, and a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment. He/she understands the value of business planning, is passionate about continuous improvement, and is a champion of a milestone-driven, repeatable, consultative sales approach. He/she must be a strong problem solver and should excel at listening and at asking the right questions. We are looking for someone with strong experience in selling Managed Logistics Services/4PL, 3PL, TMS solutions and consulting services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Effectively communicate Odyssey Logistics and Technology’s value proposition to prospective and current customers.
- Develop sales plans and execute relevant activities to reach and exceed established sales goals for net new revenue growth.
- Build and strengthen business relationships with potential and existing customers for the purpose of promoting Odyssey Logistics and Technology’s portfolio of solutions.
- Develop a plan focusing on solution sales, sales call strategy and qualified list of prospects in assigned geography, giving targeted focus to Enterprise companies.
- Build and deliver value proposition utilizing expert presentation skills
- Utilize a consultative approach to driving conversations with the expectation of moving the prospective customer through the buying cycle and developing a formal and written sales solution for the purposes of closing business.
- Navigate complex buying committees - develop and maintain professional relationships with economic buyers and key executives within target accounts.
- Establish and maintain effective communication at all levels of strategic accounts and leverage internal resources to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Partner with Global Solutions, Sales, BU Leaders, Client Services, Procurement, Operations, and IT teams to deliver world class solutions to clients’ opportunities.
- Leverage his/her network to support growth efforts.
- Accurately update and forecast opportunities and maintain notes within Salesforce.
- Drive for results and success by conveying the appropriate sense of urgency while driving issues to closure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to remove roadblocks, track and resolve client objections, and solve problems.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, or ability required for this position)
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience in enterprise sales. Degree would preferably be in administration, engineering, technology, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in selling multi modal 4PL/Managed trans/TMS solutions (>$1M annual quota).
- Proven track record as a strategic enterprise sales executive growing new business.
- Demonstrated experience with prospecting (hunting) as well as managing a full sales cycle (i.e., qualifying, value creation, pricing negotiations, proposals, etc.).
- Experience in creating and managing a strong sales pipeline as well as achieving annual sales quotas.
- Cross-vertical selling to Manufacturing, Automotive, Paper and Packaging and Chemical industries is preferred.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and create innovative solutions for a client’s logistics and supply chain needs.
- Operates well within a high performance, team-oriented culture - highly energetic, positive, hungry, and passionate.
- Ability to drive high levels of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in successfully influencing decisions at the executive level.
- Possesses unquestioned personal and business integrity, high ethical standards and a professional approach to relationships
- Experience in TMS, supply chain and logistics technology tools is a plus.
- Multi-modal experience in TL, LTL, Bulk, Rail, and small parcel (Hazmat and Freight Forwarding is a plus).
- Clear understanding of market conditions and gaps and how supply chain decisions impact the bottom line.
- Operational experience is an asset.
- Strong background in consultative and value-based selling.
- Ability to present a professional image with effective networking and people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Problem-solving skills to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 60% required.
- High Degree of Supply Chain and Business Acumen in Operations & Logistics, Distribution and Transportation, Manufacturing, Finance and Technology.
- Fully proficient in use of all Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Job Family Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA