Warehouse Operator / Roll Clamp Driver
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Summary: Responsible for the material handling for servicing specific customer and internal order processing by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
1. Overall responsibility for roll stock material handling.
2. Pick roll stock orders.
3. Receive truckload and shuttles of roll stock.
4. Put away roll stock materials in location.
5. Load roll stock materials.
6. Maintain 100% inventory integrity. *
O Accurately record and submit product locations upon arrival.
O Record and submit location changes as product moves.
7. Accurately follow all SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) as required. 8. Maintain a safe and clean work environment including cleaning and maintaining forklift/clamp equipment.
1. Execute roll stock orders picking and staging.
2. Scan roll stock product into and out of Warehouse Management (Abecas) system when required.
3. Monitor any issues with inventory locations and correct immediately.
4. Receive inbound roll stock loads via truckload and railcars.
5. Make sure all paperwork is given to the office for processing.
6. Load outbound trailers and railcars.
7. Daily Building Checklist – perform all tasks assigned daily.
1. Clamp Drivers are encouraged to learn and master Spanish and English.
2. Clamp Drivers must be certified to operate our equipment. * (Depending on past lift truck experience we are willing to train on Clamp truck).
3. Bar Code Scanning of all roll stock.
4. Clamp skills audited to ensure driver is competent to handle our customer’s product. *
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 20, 2022
- Chicago, IL, USA