Waste Water Operator
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
The Wastewater Operator is responsible for carrying out the routine operational and maintenance, environmental, and safety duties to ensure compliance. Operator duties will consist of performing daily rounds, reporting equipment malfunctions, and troubleshooting operational problems.
- Monitor and maintain the operational performance wastewater processing equipment
- Assist with bulk tanker wastewater transfers
- Identify and report operating anomalies
- Perform regular inspections of waste storage and satellite accumulation areas, identify, and help correct deficiencies regarding containers, labeling, and management practices
- Maintain Safety and Environmental, and Wastewater Compliance governed by all Federal, State and County regulations
- Perform daily inspections, take daily readings, and perform maintenance, recording readings and findings in equipment logs
- Follow emergency response process and mitigate loss
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system and perform repairs and modifications of equipment
- Equipment operation.
- Check levels and handle hoses on container vessels.
- Facility maintenance
- Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Waste Management
- Emergency Coordination
- Waste Water Compliance
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- NJDEP N-2 License not required but preferred
- 1- 3 years of wastewater operator experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Knowledgeable in using MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude
- Strong attention to details with the ability to analyze data
- Must be able to climb ladders and onto the container vessels to check levels; handle hoses in operation that could weigh up to 45lbs
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Linden, NJ, USA