Safety Manager- Trucking
Linden Bulk Transportation (LBT) is seeking a Safety Manager for our Pasadena, TX Terminal.
Linden Bulk Transportation (LBT), established in 1982, provides safe, reliable bulk truck across North America. Headquartered in Linden, New Jersey. LBT has over 350 power units, 675 trailers. In addition to its headquarters in Linden, NJ, LBT has facilities in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, and Louisiana. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics and Technology Corporation, LBT facilitates the growth of its clients through its large-diversified fleet.
The Safety Manager’s primary responsibility is to enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety. This role will also evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to safety policies and laws.
About the Role:
- Inspect the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Enforce health and safety policies procedures for all areas of the company to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Implement and manage the company’s Emergency Action Plan.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Identify, develop, institute, and drive Safety Training programs for all levels that includes:
- General safety for all employees.
- Powered Equipment Operators – all lifts and equipment – sit downs, stand ups, order pickers, pallet jacks, hand trucks
- Haz/Spill response
- Yard Tractor training – equipment inspection and care, and general yard.
- Fire Safety/Extinguishers
- Monitor compliance with safety procedures.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevent measures for further incidents while ensuring claims are handled effectively
- Work alongside the departments to ensure hazard assessments are done and PPE (personal protective equipment) needs are evaluated annually.
- Coordinate and oversee regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Review and amend onboarding process to ensure process includes training requirements/expectations based on job.
- Maintain recordkeeping for all safety aspects, including OSHA logs and completed employee training.
- Suggest solutions, improvements, and prevention steps for safety issues.
- Ensure that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintain inventory of safety equipment at facility, including fire extinguishers, First Aid kits, and Spill response supplies.
This position has supervisory oversight for one or more associates.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar is role is required.
- Must have experience working in the trucking/transportation industry.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations is required.
- OSHA 30-Hour Certification is required, or to be completed within six months from date of hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workloads and maintaining proper documentation.
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail.
- Supports teamwork by participating, cooperating, and communicating with co-workers.
- Able to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers by providing accurate, courteous, and timely responses to questions or concerns.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- Pasadena, TX, USA