Summary / Primary Role:
The Staff Accountant will perform various general accounting functions, including accounts payable and treasury functions. These responsibilities require the Staff Accountant to work closely with the Operations Accounting group. The Staff Accountant prepares certain journal entries, basic balance sheet reconciliations during the monthly and annual closings and will complete ad hoc projects under the direction of the Division Finance Leader. The Staff Accountant will prepare most month end close entries for several business units.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for the business unit, including cash, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable and accrued expenses.
- Prepare schedules and record monthly journal entries
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets ledger and roll forward, including the addition of new assets and the monthly depreciation of assets.
- Maintain prepaid expense schedule, including monthly amortization of items and addition of new expenses to the appropriate departments.
- Reconcile inter-company activity for select business units.
- Assist in preparation of documents for external auditors
- Participate in the development of reports and projects designed to increase efficiencies in cash management and decision making.
- Work with external auditors to supply data and reporting as needed for requests related to assigned areas.
- Lead or assist with various finance or accounting projects assigned by the Division Finance Leader.
- Forecast and Budget preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years’ experience in the general ledger accounting required
- Basic knowledge of General Accounting Principles is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products, especially strong Excel skills including ability to use VLOOKUP function and Pivot Tables
- Ability to extract data with system queries
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to pay sharp attention to detail
- Self Starter, ability to work independently
- FP&A experience a PLUS
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Palos Heights, IL, USA