Intermodal Logistics Planner
Interdom LLC is currently seeking an Intermodal Logistics Planner with experience in planning door to door shipments utilizing the rail and draymen. This position has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations for assigned accounts, and is responsible for the management and handling of both empty and loaded domestic shipments from initial tender from customer until final delivery at the destination.
Note: This position will also have railroad claims management responsibility.
What You Will be Doing:
- Provide transportation and logistics services and operational support for all assigned customer accounts per Company policy, procedure and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage railroad claims process
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints via email, and/or phone.
- Maintain regular contact with customers on billing items, freight coverage needs, on-time status, etc.
- Enter shipments into the operating software, schedule appointments and manage to completion.
- Dispatch inbound and outbound freight to third-party carrier drivers.
- Arrange for pickup and delivery of rail equipment.
- Maintain regular contact with carriers to ensure service performance requirements of customer are met.
- Responsible for rail billing and working with all railroad and port partners on behalf of customer to correct any issues at origin or destination.
- Perform daily tracing functions, prepare and produce reports to the customer.
- Retrieve and update shipment information onto customer websites as needed and required per account.
- Receive and review HazMat paperwork for compliance and enter in railroad system.
- Prepare and provide reports to internal departments for billing and other operational needs.
- Cross train in the domestic group to ensure complete coverage and assist when needed.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- 2-5 Years’ experience in a similar role and environment.
- Experience managing railroad claims process required.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience planning door to door shipments via rail and trucking companies
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Palos Heights, IL, USA