Senior Training & Development Specialist
We are looking for a Senior Training & Development Specialist to join a growing team of professionals shaping the future of HR at PLAYSTUDIOS. The Senior Training & Development Specialist will work closely with the Chief People Performance Officer and Director of HR to create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for our playMAKERs.
This role provides a career HR professional with a leadership opportunity to drive business value, provide a best-in-class employee experience and effectively implement and deliver HR training programs specific to employee performance, satisfaction, career and leadership development, and succession planning.
The Senior Training & Development Specialist will report to the Director of Human Resources.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct annual training and development needs assessment through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with HR leaders, playMAKERS, and all levels of management.
- Create, organize, plan, and present various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for playMAKERS and managers.
- Develop unique training and development programs and objectives to fulfill specific needs to maintain or improve job skills, with curricula that is comprehensive, valuable, and relevant. Modify programs and materials as needed.
- Create and/or acquire effective training guides and materials using a variety of media.
- Present training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Maintain records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Train and coach managers, supervisors and others involved in playMAKER development efforts.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate playMAKER development and training events.
- Develop and maintain organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Review and assess training materials prepared by other HR teammates.
- Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback, and measure results.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Prepare and implement training budget; maintain records and reports of expenses.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Work effectively as a team member with all levels of management and the HR team.
What you need for consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and evaluate training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Ability to travel twice a month to Studios for training.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to shift from big picture strategy to tactical support and execution
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, along with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn the organization’s various HR tools and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to work for a values-driven company that seeks to improve the world for the better
What sets you apart
- Experience developing training programs for managers and leaders
- Experience developing and implementing a new hire orientation program
- Incredible proofreading skills and low tolerance for grammatical errors
- Experience training on Human Resources tools and systems
- Experience creating individualized career development plans
Benefits and Perks
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employee and dependents
- 401k match and Restricted stock units
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Casual work environment
- Personal development & learning opportunities
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events
- Work hard, play hard. We understand the importance of work-life balance and encourage time off to unplug and recharge.
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree