Agile Release Train Engineer
We are looking for an Agile Release Train Engineer to manage production teams within our dynamic and growing playAWARDS group.
The Agile Release Train Engineer manages their development teams, anchors communication across the business, manages workflow considerations, mitigates risks, and ensures that the project hits its development goals. The Agile Release Train Engineer works with the product leadership team to fully define projects, achieve stakeholder approval, and secure resources. They consult with the development team to scope work and establish timelines. During development, the Agile Release Train Engineer identifies and resolves impediments and ensures strong collaboration and communication throughout the organization. They make decisions in the context of a sound understanding of the product’s strategic and business goals. The Agile Release Train Engineer continually optimizes processes for improved productivity and quality.
What you will be doing:
As the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Release Train Engineer (RTE), you will be a leader on an Agile Release Train (ART), a team of teams that plan, commit, develop and deploy software together to deliver significant value to our customers. You will facilitate the ART's process and execution and act as chief Scrum Master. You will optimize the SAFe process to the organization's needs, standardizing, and documenting practices. You will escalate impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement.
- You will be the train's focal point for communication and connections with all impacted teams needed to deliver the work.
- Facilitate PI Planning event – Planning and facilitating the train's quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning event, including the readiness/preparation activities in advance to ensure features are approved and teams are ready for a Planning session.
- Guide PI planning prep (briefings, features, demand intake process, capacity allocation, etc)
- Work with senior leaders to ensure prioritization alignment, communication of identified risks and dependencies, and unify ART practices of our train with organizational initiatives and changes.
- Facilitate PI execution activities, including Scrum of Scrums or ART Syncs, System Demos, Inspect & Adapts
- Communicates internally to the ART and externally to stakeholders about vision, priorities, PI event dates, release dates, PI objectives, successes, progress, learning, impediments, and needs
- Guide progress tracking and reporting (KPIs), evidence-based management, risk management
- Communicate effectively with teams across multiple functions such as product, marketing, development, creative, content, customer service, QA, and more.
- Help drive and ensure development and QA processes, overall product quality, and testing.
- Responsible for agile budgets and forecasts related to people associated with the agile release train and feature allocation
- Foster information sharing, creating a collaborative environment
- Coach Business Owners, Product Management, System Architects, and agile teams to understand and apply SAFe
- Provide behavior enablers to help the ART increase business agility
- Guide Scrum Masters’ to coach their teams effectively and act as a guardian of the team’s development processes, goals, and commitments
- Advocate for people, skills, or resource gaps to be addressed
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment as a Release Train Engineer - coaching train leaders, Scrum Masters, and team members in Lean-Agile practices and thinking
- Solid knowledge of Scrum, SAFe and Agile values, and best practice techniques
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and create effective execution
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Certified in SAFe is desirable, certified Scrum Master and or Certified Release Train Engineer
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in gaming services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- 100% health premium coverage for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted stock units
- Flexible vacation policy
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen
- Casual work environment
- An open, collaborative workspace
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
PLAYSTUDIOUS IS the developer of award-winning casual games for mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the company’s groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World, Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer of award-winning casual games for mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the company’s groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World, Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
- Pay Type Salary