Lead Backend Engineer
We are seeking a Lead Backend Engineer to join the backend development team in Austin. This role focuses on leading the backend engineering team and creating as well as improving server-side systems.
Thousands of people play our games daily. The team builds reliable, large-scale production systems that deliver that gameplay, supporting systems, and the tools to manage them. Usability and stability underpin every decision we make and we’re looking for someone who can help us build solutions to delight our users.
The Lead Backend Engineer will work directly with business stakeholders to define features, architects to design solutions, project managers to scope and schedule deliverables, and QA testers to achieve high-quality products.
PLAYSTUDIOS has a deep passion for quality, and we want someone with a high personal bar.
This is a remote position for residents in TX, CA, and NV.
- Manage performance of backend engineering team.
- Advocate for advancing software development practices.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in software engineering best practices.
- Develop server-side systems using C# for our suite of online social casino games.
- Design cloud-native solution for hybrid clouds.
- Collaborate with game designers and mathematicians.
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Minimum 4 years of leading teams
- Minimum 8 years of professional software development
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Expert knowledge of C# 7+
- Track record of delivering solutions using microservices, containers, and events
- Thorough understanding of HTTP technologies and REST/JSON interfaces
- BS in Computer Science or similar
- Functional programming experience.
- Professional experience with F#.
- Game development experience with shipped titles.
- Experience architecting highly scalable backend systems.
- Experience using both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit premiums for you and your dependents
- 401K match and Restricted stock units
- Flexible vacation policy
- Studio locations: Austin, TX; Burlingame, CA; Las Vegas, NV
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events
- Snacks and drinks are available in the kitchen
- Casual work environment
- An open, collaborative workspace
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer of award-winning casual games for mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the company’s groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World, Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
- Pay Type Salary