Defense Technology Training Academy (DT Academy) instructors are responsible for providing a high level of training at DT Academy courses and maintain a high level of professionalism while representing DT Academy. The instructor will provide information relative to the curriculum of the particular course that they are sent to provide. They will also provide information, when applicable and appropriate, about Defense Technology courses and products (and other related products as they apply) and their intended use outlined by DT Academy.
- Establish communications with host Agencies prior to instructing the course and manage any logistical requirements
- Manage, plan and purchase in advance all travel requirements related to DT Academy courses
- Provide instruction relative to the curriculum during DT Academy Training courses and maintain a high level of professionalism while representing DT Academy
- Report any issues relative to the course provided including injuries, Defense Technology product, courseware & equipment
- Complete all course related training/expense reports and documents and return to DT Academy in a timely fashion
- Serve on focus groups, course development groups, and product testing panels
- Active/retired law enforcement, corrections or military professionals with a minimum of five years experience
- A minimum two years experience as instructor.
- A minimum of three years experience in the appropriate discipline he or she will be teaching. Must be well informed on the appropriate subject matter and current in all required disciplines
- Instructor Course Program (ICP) applicants must possess a current certificate of completion in the ICP from DT Academy if applicable.
- Law Enforcement, Corrections and/or Honarable Discharge from Armed Services
- Certificate of completion of related training from LE Academy, Corrections, or Miltiary
- Must possess training-related certificate and/or be certified as a law enforcement or corrections trainer.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint software applications.
- Excellent verbal skills and ability to communicate to large audiences
- Ability to conduct safe training exercises for those courses requiring range practical exercises
- Must have a physical fitness level appropriate to programs offered and in over-all good physical condition.
For those applicants with disabilities, if you require reasonable accommodation in searching for a job opening or submitting an application, please contact us by calling 888-469-6455.
All employment decisions are solely based on the applicant's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position.
- Job Family Mid Level Sales
- Pay Type Hourly