Senior Test Engineer - Operations
Senior Test Engineer performs complex testing tasks, requiring planning and testing. Manages own assignments and schedule and serves as a resource for other departments on issues relating to the assigned testing modules. Assists less senior Test Engineers on daily work. Operates on a wider range of activities with high level of autonomy.
- Performs complex testing tasks for all technology platforms.
- Reviews the designs and requirements for the project
- Drafts, reviews and approves the testing documents, test reports and test results
- Creates, reviews and executes test cases, manages bugs and reports testing status to project teams.
- Estimates the testing tasks
- Participates in testing process improvement activities as needed
- Contributes to authoring and reviewing departmental procedure documents and work instructions
- Identifies and manages proactively the risks in component functionality
- Ensures content and structure of all testing documents
- Develops the testing strategies
- Mentors the whole team (QA, developers and PO) on process and best practices
DECISION MAKING AND INFLUENCE
- Estimates testing tasks and performs reviews of the project plans
- Reviews and approves the testing documents, test plans, test reports and test results
- Reviews and approves designs and requirements.
- Drafts, reviews and approves training materials for the testing team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Solid experience in product testing environment, or equivalent to.
- Experienced at writing test cases and designing test systems.
- Deep understanding of testing strategies and test planning.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively document procedures, processes and results.
- Practical experience with modern test, defect and requirement management tools.
- Must be a team-oriented person with a “can do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, information systems, computer science is preferred, or equivalent to.
- Able to train and mentor other testers.
- Able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function AID-Software Quality Assurance, Testing and Release
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal