Data Policy / IT Analyst
Sylvamo’s Data Management Practices organization provides an organized and methodical approach to data management governance, policies, methods and tools in order to assure data consistency, reliability and trustworthiness. The Data Policy Analyst will work with our Legal, Security and IT teams to identify and define rules to enable appropriate broader use of data assets across Sylvamo. This role will support the Data Management Practices team to build upon extensible frameworks and data rules, including the capture of requirements determined by our Legal and Security partners.
Additionally, the Data Policy Analyst will support the design and enablement of technology and processes upon which data rules are enforced. The Data Policy Analyst will taking an active role in providing requirements for technology enablement and process design for data policies with regard to privacy, security, retention and classification.
The Data Policy Analyst will have the breadth and depth of knowledge/experience to appropriately determine when to escalate issues that require additional review by more senior team members to obtain the correct answer or solution. The position requires ability to apply considered and measured judgment to projects and initiatives. The role requires skills to reference existing policies and leverage his/her own knowledge and experience to review situations, to investigate matters by consulting and through inquiry of the stakeholders and to propose solutions to issues.
At Sylvamo it is important for the Data Management Practices team to be multi-disciplinary. This requires that you demonstrate your ability to expand your area of influence beyond “traditional data policies” and contribute towards making Sylvamo data-driven by enabling assertive, timely and informed decision making.
• Work closely with policy groups at the global and regional levels, together with business sponsors to capture requirements, document processes and mitigate issues as they arise.
• Understand data security needs and regulatory requirements in order to define data security policy and standards and how they should be applied.
• Determine methods to monitor compliance with data policies.
• Collaborate with IT teams to implement technology to monitor and enforce policy compliance.
• Support the design and ongoing iteration of procedural documentation
• Manage, document and track requirements from various stakeholders
• Support the implementation of an ongoing communication plan to educate key stakeholders on data policy and compliance activities.
The Transition Services Agreement (TSA) exit strategy:
• Rapid knowledge transfer from International Paper resources, required for TSA exit
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- Governmental organizations can introduce policies and regulations (e.g. GDPR, CCPA) that will need to be understood quickly for impact to Sylvamo and determination of appropriate response. These can vary across the Sylvamo geography.
- Sylvamo data policies need to align with changes in our marketplace such as sustainability or financial requirements, e-commerce initiatives, etc.
- Evolving trends in data technology need to be evaluated for potential use to monitor or ensure compliance.
The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Collaborating with Legal, Security and IT team members for successful outcomes
- Aligning IT applications with appropriate security and privacy policies
- Understanding current regional data policy requirements
- Ensuring business opportunities and functional area concerns are effectively met and addressed by our data policies
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
- Defining appropriate activities and partnerships for this role
- Establishing and communicating best practices for data policy and integration across formerly separate business units
- Understanding business requirements and translating to technical solutions
- Developing relationships with partners across the globe
Knowledge and experience:
- A degree in Business, Computer Science, Law or STEM related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Any Data Governance, Quality, Risk Management processes experience is preferred, but not required
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on data governance, security or policy design and implementation.
- Any Data Governance, Data Protection or Industry certification is preferred
- Collaboration skills to pursue and build relationships across business and technology teams to gather requirements, insight and understand priorities
- Provide input into and support implementation of relevant and meaningful roadmaps and concepts and other deliverables that enables Sylvamo’s better performance
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the strategic end to end data lifecycle management
- Interest in obtaining knowledge of emerging data policy requirements (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- Ability to effectively project manage and coordinate with internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, good knowledge of policy processes
- Ability to analyze and design processes and procedures
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- An overall understanding of Policy responsibility and activities (e.g., data protection, risk management, data classification)
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people and balance demands
- Self-starter attitude, with ability to work independently
- Ability to identify, prioritize and weigh different options and to recommend a value add solution
- Must have demonstrated past experience in the following competencies: dealing with ambiguity, learning on the fly, problem solving, action oriented, informing others, organizing, and priority-setting, listening and collaboration skills
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function IT Business Analysis
- Pay Type Salary
- Kraków, Poland
- Memphis, TN, USA
- Mogi Guaçu - State of São Paulo, Brazil