Process Control Engineer
This position is located in Ticonderoga, NY at a fully integrated Pulp & Paper Mill that produces high end printing and imaging papers. The mill is located on the shoreline of Lake Champlain in the beautiful Adirondack State Park.
Our Process Control Engineers make both independent and team based decisions on engineering problems and methods. They plan and conduct work requiring adaptation of standard process control techniques, and they devise new approaches to process problems and improvement opportunities. Come join our team of Process Control Engineers working for the largest uncoated freesheet producer in the world!
- Continuous process improvement by leveraging existing process control applications, as well as the ongoing expansion of automation throughout the mill.
- Participate on capital project teams focused on the on-going upgrades to our DCS/PLC infrastructure in the facility.
- Work with the operations and maintenance teams to troubleshoot short and long term operational problems, issues, and opportunities as required.
- Provide area engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel with appropriate training and support; such that they can perform their routine day-to-day duties.
- As a member of the Process Control Team, develop strategies that will keep the mill current with appropriate control technology.
- Monitor and share best practices with other mills to ensure efficient and effective use of control technologies.
- Ensure standardization of process performance through the use of process control techniques.
- Perform periodic DCS maintenance duties as needed to ensure long term system reliability.
Must have working knowledge of process control concepts with an emphasis on the application and hardware aspect of process control. Familiarity with OSISoft PI and networking is preferred.
Candidate should be proficient with the use of at least one brand of DCS system. Special consideration will be given to candidates with Siemens PCS7 or Siemens APACS experience.
A Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent Process Control work experience, and 3 or more years of work in a chemical, manufacturing, or energy related environment.
Managerial/Leadership, Interpersonal Savvy, Self-Directing and Directing of Others, Strong Communication Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Action-Oriented, Conflict Management, Time and Priority Management, Intellectual Horsepower.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Ticonderoga, NY 12883, USA