Network Operations Manager
Network Operations Manager will work in hybrid schedule in either Krakow (Poland) or Mogi Guacu (Brazil) office.
Primarily responsible for coordinating services on installation, maintenance, and programming on all Networking services for Sylvamo locations. Provides Networking service consulting for GBIT organization and other business partners.
This position will have regular interaction with managed service providers to ensure that Sylvamo Networking services are meeting all aspects of the SLAs and processing projects, requests, incidents, and enhancements in a timely manner.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Hold our managed service partners accountable for providing reliable, resilient, high-performing, and cost-effective network transmission of data among internal applications, external customers, vendors, service providers, and other business partners.
- Responsible for the establishment and continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure day-to-day operational stability across all Networking technologies.
- Ensure that the maintenance of Networking operating model processes is being met, and disruption to key business processes is minimized. Responsible for developing, measuring, monitoring, and taking corrective action with managed service providers so that appropriate standards and service levels are established and maintained.
- Work with peers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through monitoring and management of all services that impact the business’s ability to operate; influence people, process, and technology choices to optimize our services and support model, leveraging proactive resolution of potential service interruptions.
- Provide an internal facing dashboard that gives insight to Network Performance.
- Accountable for operational metrics which are monitored, collected, and reported in a timely manner.
- Adopt methodologies to ensure that defects are identified, and quality of service is uninterrupted by technology changes.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key IT service providers to manage and optimize the services and support necessary for an effective and efficient IT organization.
- Understand the technology direction for Networking services, as well as the global market trends for telecommunications, charting a path to ensure Sylvamo operational and financial needs are met, both in the immediate term, as well as in the three-to-five-year span.
- Work with internal and external SME’s to provide support for Networking infrastructure including WAN, LAN, WiFi, Firewall’s, VPN and any other Networking components installed on Sylvamo network for backups, patches, recovery, and refresh programs.
- Maintain high levels of availability for existing services as defined by agreed-upon service levels.
- Follow incident and problem management best practices to provide fast, effective resolution of issues.
- Manage assets effectively and leverage change and configuration management to keep records accurate.
- Facilitate understanding of and adherence to road maps and corporate standards around the globe through documentation, communications, and knowledge sharing within the global support structure.
- Continually identify opportunities to move server and data loads to standardized and cost-effective solutions while maintaining reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Coordinate all work activities in support of any projects in progress, including all refresh/upgrade activity.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and meet service level expectations for supported services:
- Communicate effectively and build solid relationships with key customers and other IT groups at appropriate leadership levels.
- Work with team members, business partners, vendors, and other IT stakeholders to define, document, and execute appropriate service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Assist in the continuing development of a global support model and the implementation of sustainable and repeatable processes for Networking services.
- Leverage systems management and monitoring tools to provide 24x7 support in accordance with SLA’s. Focus on process implementations/improvements for all supported services.
- Manage vendor relationships and agreements:
- Work with vendors to ensure service levels are met and expectations managed, while providing leadership in continually improving and maturing partnerships to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Utilize targeted metrics for reporting vendor compliance/performance, leveraging scorecards appropriately.
- Manage on-site vendors and their activities, utilizing them as staff augmentation for Sylvamo teams.
- Negotiate strategic enterprise agreements for key Global Telecommunications vendors (including Cisco, Verizon, Polycom, NTT), working with IT stewards such as Global Sourcing, the Vendor Management Office, and IT service providers.
Knowledge and Experience:
- College degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- 5-10 years of experience in an Information Technology Network services related management role preferred.
- Ability to develop and share strategy and vision, goals, and targets, holding vendors accountable for achieving desired business results.
- Experience in Information Technology service delivery management and leadership preferred.
- Adaptive to changing business needs and the ability to work in a variety of different business situations.
- Familiarity with common ITIL processes, including Availability Management, Capacity and Performance Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Infrastructure and Platform Management, Change Control, and Monitoring and Event Management.
- Experience dealing within and navigating a diverse political environment for a global, multi-business organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills at the Technical and Management Levels.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Job Function IT Business Analysis
- Pay Type Salary
- Kraków, Poland
- Mogi Guaçu, State of São Paulo, Brazil