Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce
TWG’s Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce is responsible for building our Digital Marketing and eCommerce strategy and capabilities to drive growth. This individual will build and lead a holistic approach to the online and digital aspects of TWG’s business across both sales and marketing, including online retail, digital marketing including brand sites, earned and paid media, social media, and direct to consumer (DTC) sales.
We are seeking an experienced leader with deep expertise in this space to bring their talent, experience, and successes to TWG to lead us in building our capabilities. The ideal candidate is a scrappy, nimble, and innovative leader who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to accomplish goals and has passion for creating. This leader has proven success in a digital environment and will serve as our site merchant and thought leader.
The Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce will partner with teams across the organization including marketing, sales, IT, operations, and finance to ensure the development and execution of TWG’s digital growth strategy to position TWG as a thought leader and key partner in this space. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. This is a REMOTE opportunity.
- Digital Marketing
- Develop and lead digital marketing, social media, and marketing technology in partnership with brand leaders
- Drive strong business rhythm between digital marketing team and brand teams to ensure alignment on short/long term strategy for priority brands
- Direct email marketing, search engine optimization, online advertising, web analytics, social media marketing, and user experience
- Create organizational best practices, standards, and processes to increase brand awareness and consumer purchases, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Lead digital marketing efforts with a clear focus on return on investment and brand success metrics
- Develop omni-channel eCommerce strategy to support key channels like, e-Retail, Wholesaler B2B sites, on demand delivery (i.e., Instacart, Drizly) and direct to consumer
- Recommend and build appropriate TWG eCommerce team
- Accountable for customer and channel performance vs. plan based on aligned key performance indicators
- Educate the organization on best practices and become a thought partner for our key retail customers and Trade Development
- Direct To Consumer (DTC)
- Recommend and build a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy and execution plan to provide TWG access to 1st party data for building consumer relationships
- Collaborate with DTC virtual channels to include both eCommerce and wine club marketing (I.e., Benziger Family Winery, Imagery Estate Winery, Concannon Vineyards and TWG’s Little Wine Market commercial brand DTC
- Drive strategy for DTC software transformation. Collaborate with IT, sales, marketing, and finance to advance DTC software for future TWG ecommerce growth plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Business, or relevant field. MBA, a plus.
- 10+ years direct experience in eCommerce including business operations or equivalent experience
- Demand Creator: Talented “front-end marketer” - understands consumer insights, able to integrate marketing strategies and tactics into all consumer touch points
- Proven project management skills: business development and rapid scale up
- Experience with P and L Management
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technology and sophisticated analytics
- Outstanding analytical skills, experience interpreting test results and drawing conclusions
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written and experience working with team members at all levels
- Demonstrated decision maker and resourceful problem solver
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
- Thorough understanding and application of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Position operates in a professional office environment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Digital Mktng, e-Commerce
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Livermore, CA, USA