Area Manager - Northern California
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA Req #1469
Thursday, September 1, 2022
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Northern California Off-Premise Area Manager will be responsible for leading the Off-Premise trade channel for the Northern California geography. They will be accountable for achieving all volume and distribution goals for The Wine Group, Inc. The Area Manager will develop and execute pricing/programming strategies, handle monthly and annual forecasting, and will lead sell in a select list of accounts.
- Responsible for Total Off-Premise Volume and Strategy for Nor Cal.
- Lead Selling in Off Premise DSD channel. Examples: Nugget, Mollie Stones
- Work with team to develop and implement Annual Operating Plan which includes financial, volume and distribution objectives
- Own relationships and monthly business rhythm with SGWS Senior Off-Premise management (GM VP, RVPs etc.) for respective channel.
- Drive TWG monthly priorities; work closely with SGWS RVPs/DMs/ADMs via Work Withs, Team Meetings and provide necessary direction and support materials
- Drive TWG National Off-Premise Programs at the highest level. Examples: Zebra (Top 250 ACV accounts), POD Initiatives, Fast Start
- Work closely with and develop (2) TWG Specialists within SGWS organization.
- Organize and lead crew drives
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and Divisional Sales Meetings
- Introduce creative sales execution concepts, aspire to be a thought leader and establish best practices within the Region
- Work with On-Premise Area Manager counterpart as needed in Combo-Market
- Attend tastings events, wine dinners and team outings
- Ensure all sales practices are compliant with state and company policies
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Complete and review monthly scorecard reports (depletions and distribution) with DM
- Manage budgets: Pricing, Incentives, Samples along with Travel and Entertainment and other departmental expenses
- Run monthly Sales Nav/VIP reports
- Process Sample Requests
- Other miscellaneous reporting/tracking requests from management
- Average Monthly Time Management projections (based on 20 sales days/month):
- 40% Selling, 40% Managing, 20% Administrative
- Selling: As noted above, heavy focus on Key Account List and Regional Chains
- Managing: Monthly distributor business reviews and sales execution planning meetings with On Premise leadership
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- 5+ years of off premise sales experience in the alcoholic beverage industry or related business with a knowledge and passion for both commercial and premium wines
- Must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of retail, off premise experience, and distributor pricing structures
- BA degree or equivalent experience
- Intermediate wine knowledge or associated certifications preferred
- Well organized with ability to work both independently and within team environment
- Must be adaptive to change within organization and industry
- Results oriented, innovative, strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel with overnight stays, as needed
- Display integrity, character and strong leadership skills
- Support and model all company procedures and policies
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values - Performance, Empowered and Cost-mindful, and keep them in mind when making all decisions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to travel frequently between home office, client sites, and industry meetings/events
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Distributors
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA