Import Export Coordinator
The Import Export Coordinator works diligently to ensure that the logistics function within TWG is executed professionally, timely, and customer service focused. Interacts with freight forwarders, suppliers, vendors, as well as internal departments. This position manages import claims for the company ensuring timely resolution to claims both from distributors and for our own internal freight movements. This position also handles the logistics scheduling for imports and works closely with receiving wineries and warehouses to ensure the schedule is attainable.
- Track import containers and maintain weekly status reports for imports
- Develop and coordinate shipping schedules for both bulk and finished goods. Schedule shipments including but not limited to ordering, tracing, and monitoring problems. This includes managing container supply to ensure that schedules are met, and inventory levels maintained
- Book loads with carriers
- OSD – Over/Short/Damage
- Resolve shipping issues with distributors
- Process and manage freight claims
- Interface with customer service on distribution and shipping issues
- Process Audit Exceptions in Syncada freight payment system
- Process and monitor accessorial, detention and demurrage charges
- Coordinate and communicate transportation issues between Shipping department and carriers
- Primary carrier contact for problem solving
- Serve as an internal resource for Logistics questions and needs from other TWG departments and personnel
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and under pressure
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and to meet changing customer requirements
- Ability to lead and motivate effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to understand, and support management direction.
- Must be effective communicator and trainer
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with other departments, such as sales, planning, accounting and also with customers
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in a team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced Warehousing and Logistics environment
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the warehouse environment
- Primary work activities are within an office environment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse/Distribution/Logistics
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America