Director Sales - Northern California
Northern California, CA, USA Req #1231
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading sales in Northern California for The Wine Group portfolio of brands in the Off Premise channel. The role will be responsible for wholesaler management, financial ownership, budgeting, merchandising, trade marketing, retail planner execution and the management of TWG corporate initiatives. In addition, the Director of Sales will have accountability for the recruitment, training, and development of TWG Sales force in the dedicated market.
- Understand TWG initiatives: Manage Field Sales, Trade Development, Execution, Merchandising, Private Label, National and Local Sales Initiatives. Responsible for prioritization with each channel and division both internally and externally
- Build relationships with wholesaler, retailers and TWG divisions (Sales, Trade Development, Sales Planning, Finance, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate Brands, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Chain Execution, Integration teams)
- Strategy and Analytics: Responsible drawing insights, developing strategy and developing sales plans that can be executed at the market level. Assist in developing and implementing annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives
- Distributor Management: Drive TWG monthly priorities and initiatives through wholesaler Management and Sales Representatives
- Schedule and lead effective sales meetings with all levels of SGWS Field Sales and Chain management including QBR presentations. Maintain strong monthly business rhythm with this group
- Become preferred supplier through development of best practices
- Chain Account Management: Lead annual and monthly planning on key national accounts, alongside corresponding wholesale chain account executives
- Work closely with TWG/SGWS headquarter teams on a monthly basis to establish strategy, pricing, forecasts, manage inventory and align merchandising objectives.
- Work closely with TWG account teams to ensure alignment with local team.
- Inventory: Responsible for inventory management, with the goal to limit supply chain disruption for both national and private label brands for ALL retailers in designated market.
- Pricing: Responsible for the establishment, mix, allocation, approval and execution of pricing playbooks for both wholesaler and retail chain banners in designated territory. Will work with wholesaler finance teams to communicate and update pricing and will review and approve Trade Development to top retailers
- Merchandising: Teams will be responsible for ALL retail chain banner in the designated region, optimizing all areas of performance in the Chain Channel; Display, Cross Merchandising, Cold Box, Shelf and Distribution. Including organizing and leading market surveys with both TWG and wholesaler executives
- Administrative Responsibilities: Handle administration as required by both the Trade Development and Sales Teams with responsibilities in market.
- Monthly Sales Forecasting
- Goal Setting for both Sales and Trade Development Teams
- Manage any necessary program trackers (national, regional and local)
- Manage assigned budgets and complete expense reports with any relevant Travel and Entertainment expenses for both self and team
- Frequent presentation builds and business reviews
- Support and model all Company procedures and policies
- Demonstrate a passion to win and help build a dynamic TWG Sales Team
- Live the Values: Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values: Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, and Responsible and Trustworthy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 Years Field sales experience with a Supplier or Distributor
- Strong Analytical Skills. Preferred to have advanced skills in Excel, Power BI, Tableau and other analytics / visual tools
- Ability to understand, interpret and draw insights from Nielsen and IRI
- Advance Presentation capabilities in both building selling stories and presenting to audience
- Strong Chain Experience: 2-3 years experience in Trade Development and/or Trade Marketing
- Willing to travel and with overnight stays as needed
- Experience with pricing, price modeling, ability to manage target market retails.
- Must be a well organized, self starter, with an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and be flexible to changes in the wine industry
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family General Sales
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Northern California, CA, USA