Responsible for the organization of the warehouse, scheduling staff, directing employees, and issuing discipline, as necessary. Adjusts schedules as necessary in both shipping and receiving areas, responsible for warehouse budgeting, order accuracy, productivity levels, and facility maintenance. Coordinates warehouse activities under the direction of the Sr. Warehouse Manager to ensure a well-coordinated shipping and receiving plan. Must be flexible to work any shift (day, swing, or graveyard), but will stay consistently on whichever shift is assigned unless business needs change.
- Effectively accomplishes the daily/weekly/monthly warehouse labor plan.
- Supports all productivity enhancement and analysis efforts.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the warehouse, including shipping, receiving, rework, inventory control, etc.
- Ensures inventory control policies and procedures are practiced and sustained to provide accurate finished good, packaging, and other inventories.
- Supports the development of the annual Warehouse budget.
- Adheres to annual warehouse budget spending plans.
- Carry out maintenance programs and procedures to ensure all warehouse equipment is available for use to meet company objectives.
- Ensures compliance with warehouse safety programs providing a safe and clean workplace for employees in accordance with all OSHA, local, and state regulations.
- Adheres to progressive disciplinary policies and processes.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire
- College degree or equivalent experience in Warehouse management.
- 5 – 7 years supervision experience in a large-scale Warehouse environment.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Skill in organizing work efficiently.
- Self-starter with little direction required from upper management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving and warehouse practices.
- Sufficient computer skills to keep inventory records accurately on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully pass applicable testing requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Support and model all company procedures and policies.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values – Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, Empowered People, Responsible and Trustworthy.
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, pallet jacks, hand trucks, conveyors, labelers, and robotic equipment.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Working environment has exposure to related warehouse equipment and associated noise levels.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in a warehouse environment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse/Distribution/Logistics
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America