Guest Services Host/Hostess
Based in the tasting room and under the direction of the Tasting Room Manager, Concannon Vineyard- Hospitality in Livermore, CA location, the Guest Services Host/Hostess will greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment ,and promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room. The Guest Services Host/Hostess is the first person the guest sees. As a result, the appearance, mannerisms, and personality of the host exemplifies the very first guest impression and response of our establishment. The Guest Services Host/Hostess should possess wine bar and/or restaurant experience, should have a super-charged, customer-focused attitude, and a vibrant enthusiasm for wine and food and the wine lifestyle.
- California has thousands of tasting rooms, but only the best offer new and unforgettable experiences. Delighting and surprising our customers with a fantastic experience at our winery is at the center of our attention and must be yours as well
- Primary point of contact for all guest interactions to include greeting in-person or via telephone, responding to inquiries, executing daily reservations, processing ticket sales, and at special events to ensure the best guest experience possible
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times
- Under limited supervision, promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room
- Work collaboratively with Tasting Room teams to organize and manage reservations for the daily customer experience
- Greet all visitors and pours wine for tasting
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history and provides general tourist information.
- Utilize POS and reservation systems to manage reservations. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions as needed
- May also conduct guided tours
- Handles routine purchase transactions, which includes operating a cash register and accounting of daily sales and bank deposits
- Required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience as a Host/ess
- Professional appearance and demeanor when dealing with guests and vendors
- Experience working with fine wine and food in a customer service focused environment – proven customer service skills is a must
- Sound general wine knowledge with a commitment to excellent knowledge and enthusiasm for the wines served in our wine bar and tasting room
- Highly motivated, hospitality- and sales-driven with an outstanding work ethic
- Works well with others at all levels and departments
- Must have ability to become ServSafe certified
- Must be or become TIPS certified
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Ability to frequently move, transport and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America