Events Manager - Benziger Family Winery / Imagery Estate Winery ($300 Sign On bonus)
The Events Manager is an integral part of the Benziger Family Winery and Imagery Estate Winery’s Hospitality and Events team. The Events Manager is a brand ambassador and leader who is responsible for creating a strong team environment so we can create world-class, memorable experiences and share our unique points of differentiation with all guests. The Events Manager is responsible for the coordination, execution, staff management and supervision of all aspects of every event at Benziger and Imagery wineries. This role is accountable for creating and executing exceptional customer service and hospitality experiences, while overseeing all event details, including assisting with set-up and breakdown for private, public, corporate, Wine Club and internal events. This position provides leadership for our Events team including scheduling, payroll, training, and daily activities. This role collaborates closely with Tasting Room Managers to assign Tasting Room staff for events. Additionally, this position oversees all event venues activities and upkeep at both wineries, including scheduling routine housekeeping, maintenance, and ordering and maintaining supplies inventories.
- Ensure exceptional hospitality and service levels at all events and engagements.
- Book all private social group tours and tastings at Benziger and Imagery properties.
- Collaborate with Corporate Sales Manager, making the contract to execution process seamless.
- Direct both in-house and vendor team members to ensure that events are executed in an efficient and memorable manner.
- Develop and create relationships with a core group of suppliers and vendors including, but not limited to, caterers and rental companies.
- Participate in industry and community events/organizations to promote Benziger and Imagery wineries and events offerings.
- Schedule and coordinate tasks in areas related to event set up, clean up and opening and closing procedures, and making certain that event venues are professional, safe, organized, and clean.
- Create Banquet Event Order (BEO) and event layouts for service and install with enough lead time before events.
- Addresses event-related challenges as they arise to ensure guest satisfaction and efficiencies.
- Lead site tours with prospective clients promoting and marketing private events spaces and illuminating key benefits of hosting events at Benziger and Imagery wineries.
- Manage Hospitality Associates (Runners) to ensure adequate set up and break down of events.
- Responsible for and integrally involved in hiring, orientation, scheduling, payroll, training, evaluating, and assigning daily activities for direct reports; Hospitality Associates (Runners), and Events staff.
- Schedule Guest Services personnel, manage payroll and incentive approvals, and ensure they are following appropriate booking policies and procedures.
- Organize regular trainings for new and current staff, including service, wine tastings, wine education and experiences, to ensure excellent customer service in all areas and the ability to pour wine, execute tastings, events, and wine experiences, to educate on our portfolio of wines and drive new Wine Club memberships confidently and knowledgeably.
- Maintain a professional, orderly, and clean working environment and within on-stage areas and events venues, including managing internal and external maintenance and cleaning personnel and services and following safety protocols for department and wineries.
- Manage and update events inventories (e.g., linens, glassware, chairs, tables, blending supplies etc.).
- Verify rental equipment and reconcile discrepancies from delivery and return invoices.
- Request and maintain additional insurances and permitting needed for events.
- Champion Wine Clubs and wine sales by creating and executing exceptional guest experiences and demonstrate successful sales skills and behaviors; promote the sale of wine, Wine Club memberships and upsell experiences at events.
- Proactively identify opportunities/challenges and suggest methods to improve event operations, efficiencies, and service levels.
- Communicate guest, operational, staff and facility-related issues to the Sr. Hospitality and Events Manager or facilities team regularly and consistently.
- Work with finance team to provide monthly updates on comprehensive tracking sheet of ongoing profitability of private events, taxes, profit and loss statements, and tip reporting.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in retail/business management or hospitality preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressive events experience, with emphasis in fine dining events and beverage service preferred; 2 years as a people leader.
- Understanding of winemaking, wine tasting, and viticulture preferred.
- Excellent planning, organization, and verbal / written communication skills.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills; must be comfortable in front of both large and small audiences.
- Strong attention to details, proactive and inspiring leader. Ability to multi-task, follow-up, and work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Experience building cooperative and collaborative relationships; aptitude to solve problems quickly and adapt in the moment.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, engaging professional approach; create a team environment where everyone feels valued and motivated to deliver memorable and unique guest experiences.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, POS and Gather systems.
- Full time position with Tuesday – Saturday schedule; flexible 40 hours a week including evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to golf carts, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America