The Maintenance Mechanic works on multiple tasks, including maintenance and repair of all plant equipment (including facility and grounds). Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and industrial electrical as well as Industrial PLC’s. Fabrication of equipment, including use of various welding techniques; MIG, TIG and stick welding. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of maintenance experience involving mechanical and electrical troubleshooting on high-speed manufacturing equipment – ideally in food, beverage, or alcohol industries.
- Maintenance and repair of all plant equipment (including facility and grounds).
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and industrial electrical as well as Industrial PLC’s.
- Fabrication of equipment, including use of various welding techniques; MIG, TIG and stick welding.
- Comprehend and carry out written and verbal work orders and instructions.
- Filling out paperwork correctly.
- Work independently, on any assigned shift with minimal supervision.
- Interact and communicate effectively with other co-workers and management in a team environment.
- Work with Process Safety Management, HACCP, and Plant Safety Teams
- Learn and comply with all corporate and department work safety rules, including LOTO, Arc Flash, and Confined Space.
- Work effectively at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Enter and work in confined spaces.
- Perform proper sanitation techniques to comply with food safety standards.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire
- 5+ years maintenance experience is required (preferably in the wine/food industry)
- Basic certified Industrial Electrical training or 5 years hands-on experience
- Working knowledge of PLCs and related equipment (VFDs and controls)
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Controls
- Working knowledge of Refrigeration Systems (Ammonia RETA Certified)
- Blueprint literate (mechanical and electrical)
- Must pass and maintain valid forklift certification.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, and complete all required paperwork correctly.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values of Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, while being Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, with Empowered People who are Responsible and Trustworthy and keep them in mind when making all decisions.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 55 lbs. at varying frequency and duration.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb stairs/vertical tank ladders at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Work at various heights and awkward positions.
- Work with hazardous chemicals and wear a facemask and appropriate PPE.
- Requires bending, lifting, climbing, pulling, and pushing.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 38558 Road 128, Cutler, California, United States of America