Corporate Services Senior Buyer
Perform sourcing and category management functions at the Headquarters for the purpose of securing goods, services, materials and/or equipment for the assigned functional areas while driving value. Sourcing Leader responsibilities to be governed by the Sylvamo Financial Policy, Global Sourcing Policy, and delegated authority to maximize total value received and produce results that contribute to meeting the organizations business objectives.
The position reports to the Corporate Services Manager. Concentration areas: Finance, HR, Operational Excellence, Corporate Affairs, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Legal, and IT – hardware, software, and services;
Key Responsibilities: Support safety initiatives
• Formulate and execute business wide category strategies that deliver cost effective solutions for stakeholder requirements and to provide commercial leadership in value management and other initiatives aimed at reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO) of commodities, products and services purchased by the organization. This includes:
• Establishing, leading and developing the capability of cross functional category teams.
• Liaising with organization’s stakeholders in investigating opportunities to lower the total cost of ownership of strategic commodities.
• Developing and project managing the execution of category strategies;
• Acting as the interface between stakeholders, category owners and suppliers;
• Providing strategic input into managing key category contracts;
• Providing commercial services in respect of acquisitioning of products and services (process and tactical execution);
• Defining supplier performance/productivity improvement criteria and measures
• Arranging for testing / piloting of new technology (acting as interface between stakeholder and supplier).
• Provide timely professional sourcing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with Headquarters stakeholder areas and other regions as needed
• Develop an effective supplier base by cultivating supplier relationships through reviews of operations and mutually beneficial programs
• Recommend new suppliers based on quality, service, and competitive pricing and pursue opportunities to consolidate purchases and competitively source for additional value creation
• Ensure stakeholder needs (goods and services) are of acceptable quality and meet established specifications and requirements
• Prepare and publish requirements for bids, evaluate and document bid responses/results, verify history ,and as applicable references, of supplier service and ability to meet contract specifications and negotiate contracts
• Implementation of Global Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management processes
• Triage category agreements (ie: MSA/PSA/SOWs/Others) with the Headquarters buyer and purchase requisitions to purchase orders process. Volume of needs will fluctuate depending on the Headquarters seasonal activity.
• Obtain maximum value for Sylvamo regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels
• Overall assurance of stakeholder satisfaction, value generation, and service delivery for the headquarters and other regions as needed
• Track and report sourcing projects, value generated, supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate
• Drive corporate agreements consistent with Global Sourcing direction and assist with SAP NA functionality (i.e.: Headquarters Requisition to PO process, BW reporting, SharePoint maintenance/updates and reporting, etc.)
• Ensure adherence to Sylvamo Corporate financial and purchasing policies and procedures
• Provide analytical support including graphs or charts and developing reports based on Manger/Stakeholder needs including, but not limited to spend analyses for specific vendors, product and service groups, categories or raw data from other sources (i.e p-cards & imported files)
• Proficient to retrieve internal spend data (BW, SAP, Purchase card, etc.) – for example benchmark professional services
• Presenting sourcing event category strategies – Utilizing appropriate tools: spreadsheets, trends, summaries, and graphic displays, and power point
• Managing, tracking, and updating monthly reports (Sourcing Project highlights & results while planning for the month/quarter ahead)
• Resourceful with insights (internal & external) to drive and assist Sourcing team members with cost savings goals
• Manage the headquarters Project & Value Tracker spreadsheet for assigned areas
• This position will have exposure to a variety categories within the areas of concentration noted.
• Anticipated Spend managed $15-$50MM
Key Competencies Required:
Functional/Technical Skills – CSSS/Sourcing process; SAP-R3 & BW; SharePoint
Category & Supply Base Management Project & Performance Management Dealing with Ambiguity Customer Focus Integrity & Trust Action Oriented Organizing Negotiating Contract Management Perseverance Communication and Presentation skills Drive for Results Process Improvement
Knowledge & Experience: Minimum of 5+ years corporate purchasing/procurement/supply chain experience including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements within the areas of concentration areas listed • SAP & BW-Business Warehouse Software Knowledge – MM general • Effective written & verbal communication skills • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook • Track record of positive performance in the identified indirect Corporate sourcing and other areas noted • Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred. • Industrial/Manufacturing experience preferred
Education: BA or BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration Please note that this position will based in Memphis, TN. Occasional travel from time to time will be required.
- Grupo de trabajos Sourcing
- Función de trabajo Procurement
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Memphis, Tennessee, EE. UU.