Occupational Health Nurse (part-time)
At Sylvamo, we’re a team on a mission. When you work for us, you’ll be helping to sustain and renew ecosystems, while delivering on the promise of paper to educate, communicate and entertain the world. Come grow with us!
Sylvamo is International Paper’s former global Printing Papers business.
The Ticonderoga, NY Mill is located on the shores of Lake Champlain. In operation since 1971, the mill produces high end printing and technical papers harvested from Adirondack and Vermont forests. We employ over 600 dedicated employees focused on safety, environment, quality and production.
We're seeking a part-time Occupational Health Nurse to assist with the administration of our occupational health programs, procedures, and regulations. The Part-time Nurse will assist the Mill Occupational Health Nurse in ensuring that the Ticonderoga Mill complies with all applicable regulatory requirements including workers compensation and corporate standards, codes and regulations. The position will report to the Mill Occupational Health Nurse.
- Employee injury/illness case management which includes medical treatment, managing follow up care, maintaining medical records, maintaining incident tracking records, facilitating Workers Compensation claims and reviews, and facilitating the return to work process, including nights and weekend coverage.
- Complete pre-employment physicals and drug screenings.
- Provide support for the return to work process for personal injury/illness, personal illness while employees at work, safety and health policies as related to occupational health, and promotions for a healthy workforce.
- Ensure documentation and records are maintained in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure appropriate audit procedures are established and audits are conducted as necessary on the facility occupational health programs.
- Coordinate and participate in audits performed at the facility by corporate or governmental regulatory employees.
- Active NY Registered Nurse License
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administrations regulations
- Ability to work closely with mill management, mill employees, multiple contractors, corporate EHS and company workers compensation representatives
- Training or experience in occupational health setting preferred
- Grupo de trabajos Environment Health & Safety
- Función de trabajo Medical Services
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Ticonderoga, Nueva York 12883, EE. UU.