Odyssey International Services, Inc., formally known as Global Transportation Services, Inc., is a one-stop shop: a fully integrated, asset-light based company delivering a complete set of international freight forwarding services.
We are seeking an Import Specialist for our South St. Paul, MN location!
The Import Specialist will be responsible to facilitate the accurate and timely movement of customer’s import shipments, FCL and LCL and air, from origin to destination in compliance with company standards and government agencies, such as FMC, CFR, IACSSP, and Customs and Border Protection. You will ensure accuracy and completeness of quotes, services, documentation, and billing for services. You will establish and maintain new business opportunities from both existing and new customer sources. You will be expected to acquire necessary documentation and information in a timely manner to serve customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle both air and ocean import shipments.
- Serve the customer needs and interact with all contacts, in a customer focused fashion at all times.
- Oversee/monitor/assist in the preparation of accurate documents in a timely manner from source documents (checking for accuracy) taking responsibility for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the transaction.
- Arrange shipping documentation, clearances, shipping mode, delivery, tracking and notification.
- Assure that interaction regarding customs, air carriers, ocean carriers and domestic carriers is coordinated to arrange for handling of product from source to delivery.
- Assure that filings such as AMS, ISF, FCM, and AES are submitted in a timely manner and coordinated with logistic schedules.
- Assure that complete and accurate files for documentation and compliance purposes are maintained, as well as for customer visibility in our online TracNet website.
- Respond to customer and/or agent inquiries in a timely manner. Provide timely shipment status updates to customer.
- Work as a team member on other department processes and duties as assigned.
- Provide updates to customer if any change to shipment is communicated from overseas agent. Includes but is not limited to change in quantity, change in ready date, or change to vessel arrival estimate.
- Maintain careful attention to customer procedures to handle each shipment as per customer wishes and update Customer Maintenance SOP on regular basis to ensure updated information for all staff members.
- Confirm shipping details against documents such as pieces, weight, volume, origin, POD, destination, etc.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Minimum 1year experience in international ocean freight forwarding. Must possess an understanding of the functions and obligations of a freight forwarder and NVOCC.
Employee must have or achieve through on-the-job training:
- Ocean and air freight industry information
- Carrier selection (ocean, air and domestic)
- Basic knowledge to identify specialized cargo (hazardous, OOG, overweight)
- Inco terms
- NVOCC terminology and methods
- Container specifications
- Export documentation
- Letters of credit and other banking documents
- Legalization requirements
- US Department of Commerce and State Department export licenses
- Other government agency requirements
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- South St. Paul, MN, EE. UU.