Reporting to the Environmental Manager, this role supports the Ticonderoga Mill in achieving 100% compliance with environmental regulations, obtaining environmental permits, working with production in installing environmental technologies and process improvements, and promoting environmental awareness within the company and community.
- Serve as an environmental technical expert for the mill
- Primary contact with regulatory agencies and other outside stakeholder groups
- Support the mill with environmental permit and regulatory tracking system (PI and Proficy)
- Ensure the mill complies with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and corporate policies
- Complete all regulatory reporting requirements and permitting processes
- Support all environmental incident investigations and drive corrective action completeness
- Develop, implement and maintain effective systems and procedures to achieve an environmental incident free mill
- Drive initiatives to identify and develop processes for continuous improvement
- Coordinate within the EHS department and other business units to optimize area performance to meet the needs of the department and the mill, including process balances as needed (e.g. upset conditions and outages)
- Provide technical process evaluations and improvements
- Provide support for capital project development and implementation
- Maintain awareness of emerging federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Actively manage costs of services and supplies needed in area of responsibility
- Serve on a weekend duty team supporting environmental and safety
- Review and maintain the compliance calendar for task completion
- Provide Environmental Training for mill
- Annual outage planning and execution
- Bachelors of Science degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in mill Environmental or EHS department position.
- Experience with Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste preferred.
- Família de Cargos Manufacturing
- Função da Tarefa Engineering
- Tipo de Pagamento Ordenado
- Educação Obrigatória Bacharelato
- Ticonderoga, NY 12883, Estados Unidos