Sylvamo’s Ticonderoga, NY Mill is located on the shores of Lake Champlain. In operation since 1971, the mill produces high end printing and technical papers harvested from Adirondack and Vermont forests. We employ over 600 dedicated employees focused on safety, environment, quality and production.
Ticonderoga’s Superintendent - Paper is primarily responsible for coaching and developing papermaking management talent and for establishing sustainable management systems for all Finished Products operations. In teamwork with other managers, the superintendent will provide leadership for all Finished Products operations across all shift teams with a focus on safety, production to meet goals, process reliability, quality, maintenance coordination, organizational performance, skill building, talent development, and engagement. Safe execution of work and managing and leading others to work safely is an essential accountability.
Responsibilities include managing through the area managers and management systems for production strategy and plans, machine clothing, coordination of Maintenance activities including field day and annual outages, coordination with Engineering, problem solving, delivering deliberate and continuous improvements, organizational performance, cost management, process monitoring, quality, employee engagement, and communication. As the leader of the Finished Products Management Team, the position holder will help establish and manage strategic goals and initiatives, develop budgets, help manage tactical and policy issues, and ensure resources and management systems are in place for all aspects of area operation. Taking night and weekend call responsibility on a rotating basis is required. This position reports to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager.
Required qualifications include:
· Demonstrated safety leadership and commitment to safety excellence. Proven excellent safety performance.
· 5+ year’s experience in paper manufacturing is required with proven progressive leadership within a mill manufacturing environment:
· Demonstrated thorough knowledge in papermaking and ability to apply the knowledge to lead decision making.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills using sound technical basis, risk management, and involving people who have a stake in the outcome.
· Experience leading effective field day & outage planning and execution.
· Experience leading resolution of quality problems.
· Demonstrated ability to build sustainable management systems that include metrics and accountability.
· Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse organization and engage people to achieve desired results.
· Be a positive catalyst for change.
· Have demonstrated ability to discuss and weigh options to define a path forward.
· Have enabling and empowering behaviors and be someone a lot of people respect and like to follow.
· Drive positive labor relations.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Ability to communicate with and build relationships with a broad array of people.
· Easily keeps lots of people highly informed and up to the minute.
· Interact with management at all levels.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead team meetings and discussions
· Demonstrated skills in individual problem solving and in group problem solving.
· Demonstrated use of computer tools for trending, analysis and reporting.
· Desire and capability to advance beyond the position, including willingness to relocate.
Preferred qualifications include:
· Technical degree in Paper Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
· Demonstrated utilization of manufacturing excellence tools.
· Experience in the production of uncoated freesheet paper.
- Família de Cargos Manufacturing
- Função da Tarefa Mill Only
- Tipo de Pagamento Ordenado
- Indicador Profissional Regular
- Educação Obrigatória Bacharelato
- Ticonderoga, NY 12883, Estados Unidos