LAN Support Analyst I
- Incident Management - Manage work tickets and requests coming from Memphis user base. The group is available 24X7X365 on-site during prime shifts and on-call after hours, weekends, and holidays. The group is measured on Administrator/User ratio, Cost/Device/Month, Response Time, and Ticket Backlog.
- Third Level Troubleshooting – This group provides on-site management for all desktop infrastructure incidents that are escalated from the first level helpdesk and the second level escalation center. The scope of the incidents includes:
- Workstation Support – Workstations, Laptops printers, handheld devices, and peripherals.
- Server Support – Enterprise infrastructure and business specific application servers.
- Network Support – LAN equipment, Access Points, WiFi, RF, racks, wiring
- Vendor Management – Manage the vendors used in infrastructure support at the facilities (warranty, LAN enhancements/repair, printer support, etc)
- Technical liaison relationship with site contact - Regional Support works with facility level management to communicate Sylvamo policy, standards, and procedures for following processes set by Technical Services management. Assistance may include, but is not limited to, development of long term infrastructure plan, assistance with IT related audits, development of IT related budget projections, implementation of IT projects and to escalate IT problems through the support model.
- Minimal Project Management work may be required with direct supervision. Regional Support resources may be requested as part of the project implementation at local facilities. Coordination and engagement of field Regional Support resources will be required during the consultation, planning, documentation, testing and implementation phases of each project.
- Accountability includes Resource Planning and Demand/Supply Balancing as it relates to their support area.
- Accountable for the implementation of the tactical components of the strategic plan for their region.
- Develop the tactical plans and operational procedures and processes for their support area.
- Participation in coordination and implementation of process improvements with direct supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining the detailed hardware inventories for the desktop infrastructure assets. Includes break-fix, moves, adds, and changes.
- Technology will continue to develop at a rapid pace; keeping current and staff trained on those changes and supporting the changes introduced to the environment will continue to be a challenge.
- The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Faced with decreasing staff and providing efficient and effective support.
- Supporting a greater number of devices introduced into the environment such as RF devices, WiFi, Copiers/, Printers/Scanning, and similar new technologies as well as the complexities surrounding some of these devices.
- The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
- Supporting hi profile stakeholders thru dedicated white glove treatment (Board of Directors)
- Deploying a large number of workstations each year as part of the refresh cycle while reducing staffing resources
- Training and developing existing resources with limited dollars
- Challenges in maintaining current asset inventories. Resources to perform increased administrative functions.
- Enforcing standards and maintaining a stable environment for efficient support.
- Maintaining a safe and secure computer environment due to growth of virus incidents.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field preferred. Minimum of 5 yrs of industry experience.
• Under general supervision demonstrates the ability to handle complex operational problems and assignments.
• Under direct supervision demonstrates innovation skills in handling projects and assignments.
• Under direct supervision can handle people development functions.
• Experience with tools used by the group to provide support preferred
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Must have excellent people skills dealing with all levels of management and personnel.
• Process Interfaces – Incident / Problem / Change management, Asset management, PC Refresh Program, Print Management Program, and all IT related processes that
are accessed through a desktop.
• Ticket Incidents and Requests – may be assigned a team that may handle 2,500+ incident and request tickets / year.
• Supporting hi profile stakeholders thru dedicated white glove treatment (Board of Directors)
• Developed in several competencies which include: Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Organizing, Perseverance, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Drive for
Results, Time Management, Accuracy, Planning, Customer Focus, Integrity and Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Listening, Peer Relationships, Negotiating, Directing Others,
Motivating Others, Standing Alone, Dealing with Ambiguity, Functional Technical Skills, Learning on the Fly, Self Development, and Technical Learning.
- Família de Cargos Information Technology
- Função da Tarefa Infrastructure
- Tipo de Pagamento Ordenado
- Data de Fim da Tarefa 12 de julho de 2022
- Memphis, TN, Estados Unidos